Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2006, 05:00 PM   #1
OzButcher
Silky

Default STOP signs & Consequences

The story begins about 2 months after we bought our first near new car! Our old one was falling to bits (buttons, transmission, power windows etc). Anyway...

I was driving on Waneroo Rd (a Main Rd) going about 70hm/h. I was in the right lane and Traffic was quite heavy. As I was driving south bound I observed a side street coming up on the left and I noticed a few cars waiting.

Just before I was about to pass the side street (about 5-10 meters) I saw a Toyota Hilux ute pull out! I immediately honked and slammed on the brakes as hard as I could.

I knew I had a car to my left and the medium strip on my right with plenty of oncoming vehicles so there was ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE to go! I also knew there was NO WAY IN HELL that my car could stop in time.

From then on it was all happening in slow motion... I was looking directly in the eyes of the toyota driver probably with a look of horror on my face when my XR6 crushed into his drivers door, crumbling half my bonnet. Surprisingly the airbags didnt go off and the impact didnt feel as hard as I expected.

When I got out, trembling and still a bit in shock, not knowing if I should beat the guy's face in... he approached me and said "sorry I didnt look"!

Anyway, after a few days of whiplash and a $10,000 bill we were gald we got insurance. I'm sure that guy will look a bit harder next time.