Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2016, 06:07 PM   #1
wilko7
Starter Motor

Default Blown Engine Warranty Claim Denied

My 2013 Ford Focus ST which is still under Ford warranty blew its engine last week.

After being recovered to the Ford dealer i purchased it from and the engine stripped down, it was found that a piston had failed. (Broken around the ringlands)*

My engine had two modifications to it those being a cold air intake pipe and a sound symposer blanking plate.

Ford have denied my warranty claim because of one of the modifications the sound symposer blanking plate. Their explanation (fords according to the dealership ) is that "the symposer blanking plate has caused excessive pressure within the inlet manifold which in turn produced too much heat and thus the piston has failed"*

This was verbally given to me over the telephone by my service manager. I am yet to receive this outcome / explanation in writing. I have requested this from Ford Customer Relations but have been told it will take several weeks to compile.

In relation to fords explanation i know this to be incorrect and have had a qualified mechanic provide me with evidence to that fact.

I have also done some research in relation to other customer's that have suffered the same fate and i have, both stock engines and modified engines have suffered from the symptoms as i have but they do not have a blanking plate therefore again proving fords explanation incorrect.

Has anyone got any advice or know anyone that has suffered the same issues as me?
wilko7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post