Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-11-2015, 05:28 PM   #18
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Baby Milk Powder supply to China

As an employee of one of the big supermarkets, which has now reduced its limit to 2 tins per person, it is so incredibly frustrating. I've had multiple parents call up crying because they could not get one tin. I've personally called ten stores for one mother looking for a tin with no luck. The people buying up the formula wait for the store to open then run straight into the aisle. They then come back during the day and again at night. They will purchase two tins, leave the store, change their jacket, pop a hat on and come back in 5 minutes later. They will also try and come back through a different checkout operator hoping staff won't notice. Some have been asked to leave the store due to some sneaking into the store room and trying to take boxes as they are being unloaded off the truck. The other morning, a group of 10 came in and wiped the shelf (2 per person). Aptamil Gold and A2 stage 2 are most popular and extremely hard to get. I encourage those "genuine" customers to buy an extra tin if they can just in case they cannot get one down the track. Spend an hour in my store during the evening and people buy formula like clockwork.
lucas2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: