Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-08-2015, 01:09 PM   #1
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default eBay Thread

I have not been selling stuff on eBay for ages, and I think the days of selling stuff on ePay are getting to an end.

I recently sold a few of things just to make some room and get a bit of cash flow going, nothing overly valuable, most items only ranging around $10- $20 each, plus I needed to post the item so I charged the buyer the appropriate amount of postage (which is getting to be pretty high also).

Got my ePay invoice and it was around $30, and I thought that can't be right, I hardly sold anything, once I looked into it some more I worked out that they charged me 10% off my actual sales (pricey IMO but I can deal with it....just), and as if that was not enough, they also charged me 10% of the postage the buyer payed. This is money I payed to Australia Post to post the item sold, not money in my pocket, and selling cheap items a lot of that $28 fees was charged on my postage which was around $9-15 per item

Considering listing the stuff, packing it (bubble wrap, sourcing boxes, packing tape, my time) as well as posting it (Postage fees, fuel, time) it was hardly worth my while, and all this before I even start to look at PayPal fees, also charged on the money I collected for postage and sales

Seriously I think my eBay selling days are over.

Went to Willow Bank All Ford Day Swap meet with a trailer load of 'rubbish' out of my shed, and I came home with $1700 in my pocket, a mint XB GT Fuel cap and a set of metal XB GT/GS 12 slot wheel caps, talked to some good people, laughed at some idiots, looked at some nice cars, ate some bacon and egg rolls, drank some average coffee and watched some drag racing, and most of all had a great day.

I know what I prefer to do in the future

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post: