Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2015, 04:43 AM   #1
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Default Ideas for Roadtrip Challenges?

As the title suggests, I'm looking for ideas.
First here's the background to my question...

I will head overseas in June to join some friends from another forum on a roadtrip from Helsinki, Finland to Oslo, Norway, via Nordkapp - the northernmost point of the European continent to which one can drive a car.
It is a trip of nearly 5000km.
We're planning on taking 2 weeks, and then jumping on a ferry from Olso to Kiel in Germany, before heading to a campsite near the Nurburgring for our annual forum trackmeet weekend.

There will be another group who can't do the main roadtrip, but who will be taking 3-5 days to drive around central Europe, before coming to the meet as well.

As the entire concept (and actually the forum itself), started in honour of Top Gear, and inspired by their epic roadtrips, I've decided we need some challenges to complete.
*Apart from all the cars actually making it in one piece, which never happens anyway (almost like it's scripted)*

~They have to be objectives both groups can complete, regardless of the fact we will be in different countries.

~Obviously anything obtained, or done, as part of the challenge has to be legal.

~The challenge will start when the second group depart their meeting point, so both teams have equal time to complete the tasks.

~If items are to be collected, then they should be relatively small, as we're looking at having a 10-12 people in 4-5 cars on both trips, and that's a lot of luggage, tents, spare parts, etc.

~Objectives will be given a points value, with some more difficult than others. However there will be room for discretionary points added during judging, for creativity/comedy value in completing the task.

The winners of the challenge will be decided by the remainder of the trackmeet attendees who do not participate in the roadtrips, so we will need to be able to provide evidence that the objectives have been met, eg. photos, video, collected items.

I think I've covered almost everything...now I just need ideas...so if you can think of anything, please post it up!
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post