Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Default Off the dole and back into the work force.

Well it's been about 4 months since I started my new job, which I'm enjoying greatly. I got out of plaster 5 months a go and then I had to get my wrist right so I could past the medical for the new job. The new job is a garbo and would have to be one of the most enjoyable jobs I have ever done. Then again my last job of 25 years was a meat worker so not much of a comparison. Anyway it's great being able to meet bills and live again.

And because me changing jobs more or less cost us the missus XW, I just bought her a little something to tie her over with, until I can afford to get her back into a XW.

Bought it of a 'P' plater that had it for a year and ran up the rear of somebody. Then I think he had trouble with trying to find someone to fix it. I was fairly lucky to be driving past (pinking up bins) the car when he had a for sale sign on it. Needs a bonnet and grill but I got an old school bloke looking at the bonnet for me as he thinks it's fixerable. As we just want a driver not a show car.

Cheers Roo

XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post