Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: iPhone, Android, Windows phone or Google?

I too have just entered the 'smart phone' fray with a Nokia 520. I have mostly always had nokia's due to their robustness and simplicity as well as style. And in researching my lastest phone, first for 6 years, Nokia were the only ones with ethics and sustainability statement available easily, and at $179 it was well worth the risk.
Being the entry level model it possibly a bit slower than other models or brands but Im not an 'App' man so this doesnt affect me. Comes packed with Phone of course, 5mp camera, office, maps, gps, music and quick enough e-mail, texting, and easily connected to my Linked-in, hotmail and other contacts programmes plus the usual standard stuff like all personal planners.
Asa windows based system I have had to add a virus protection which was provided as a bonus by my PC anti-virus program.
Battery lasts about 48 hours so far and I think the 520 is the only one with a replaceable battery (ie not hard wired in)

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post