Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #26
buggo
[BU66OS]

Default Re: Buying ex-police from the auctions with factory warranty, Nothing to worry about?

Thanks everyone for there replies its great how I'm getting such diverse opinions and such strong points.

With the appeal for getting an ex-police, it's not the fact that its 'got a chip and is hectic fast brah', I know they dont differ at all from a regular car, I might be young but I'm not some bogan dumbass haha, nor is it the brakes either. If anything they are a bit of a turnoff with the cost of replacement and the life span. I researched the average life and people are getting anywhere from 25k km to 100k+ km. They do look good though.

It's more the fact its younger and within warranty. That appeals a great deal to me more than perfect paint or a flashy interior. Like I said earlier this can all be added later. And as mentioned it can be extended aswell.

@GT-E. Haha $38,000 is a bit above my budget mate. I wouldn't even be looking at auctions if that was my budget. I'm spending more along the lines of low 20's.

@Gyrkin GT. The place is manheim auctions. I think they used to be named fowles?
I went down on the weekend just to get a feel of what it is they offer. I saw the cars online but you can only get so much of an idea.
I went down with no intention of buying anything in stock, I just wanted a better idea and feel of the whole auction/ ex-hwp deal.
The one I'm after is in nitro, I sat in it and I guess 'connected emotionally', which I hear is a no no when buying cars.

My heads is saying 'man, you know nothing about this car, there's things wrong and thats only the superficial things, you didn't even start it up. Take a step back, relax, and think logically. If you do end up getting an ex police atleast know its history.'
But my heart says 'blue, turbo, 2 years old. Get it and love it.'

BA XR8 Manual