Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-01-2005, 08:27 PM   #1
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Default Albury AFD "The Wash Up"

Many thanks to the guys/girls from the Albury/Wodonga Ford Club for their hospitality and organization of a great Saturday and Sunday event.

Myself and kev_xr8ute cruised up on Saturday morning at a leisurely pace, booked into the motel about 1.30 and gave the cars a quick once over before the cruise that took us out of Albury to Thurgoona, across to Hume weir and then back to Wodonga via the Black Stump pub.

We all then went to the park opposite the motel for a pizza dinner and a couple of cans, followed by some games of thong throwing and tyre rolling, great fun it was too with everone getting involved.

A few of us, namely myself, smciner1, pearly and a mate i took went out on the town, we were rather well lubricated before we left and started at a Irish pub, we had a few there and decided to move on because it wasnt really happening, we got a cab and did a couple of laps of Albury with Shane and my mate reciting some lovely verses of a rather vulgar comedian, much to tha cabbies disgust.
We eventually got dropped of in Alburys night club zone (all 2 of them) and Shane was refused entry because he was wearing his "johnny rebs" and the meat head bouncer thought they were steel capped, so we went across the road to another establishment that turned out to be a pub down stairs and a night club upstairs, well what a night ! We drank absoluetly bucket loads of spirits and danced our feet off, we left about 2.30am paraletic and staggered back to the motel which is about 1.5k's away.
The alarm went off at 7.30 so i got out of bed rather shabby, and proceeded to give the car a once over before going over to the park and setting up for the days activities, we were lucky enough to have a couple of trees to park near, that gave us some shade, with the Murray river just 10 metres away, i had a couple of swims during the day to cool off, what a magnificent venue to hold a car show i must say.

What a great array of cars were on display,and a few members of AFF's, some from Canberra, Sydney and in between. A very well run event at an awesome venue, the Albury Wodonga Ford Club can be very proud of themselves.
We left about 4.30 and had a bite to eat in Wangaratta before cruising back to Melbourne, got home about 9pm rather tired from a great weekend.
For those of you that havent been to this event, you are missing out on a well run weekend for Ford enthusiasts, it is a must do on my calender now.

Thanks again Dave, Botch and all the others for an awesome time !