Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Phone Gurus - Galaxy Nexus

I just picked up the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus last night. I've had two iPhones - 3GS and 4, and decided I needed a change. Looked up some reviews and it seemed to fare pretty well.

Does anyone else here have one? If so, what are your thoughts? I am loving the big screen for web browsing, as I do a LOT of web browsing on it.

It seems to be a very good operating system on it, although I'm thinking it may be a little too 'accessible', and possibly more susceptible to bugs and glitches than Apple's iOS. Just my first impressions, who knows, maybe I'm completely wrong..

As far as scrolling and zooming, it is better than I expected, but Apple still wins here. It seems like Apple's device and software are just SO well matched and perfect for eachother, and they work so well together. I guess that's the advantage of the developer and manufacturer being the same company..

I've only had this phone for not even a day yet, so it's still early days. I'm interested to see how reliable it will be as far as stability of the operating system is concerned.

I am finding it more suited to me as a somewhat tech savvy bloke, everything on it seems to make sense, and is well implemented. Although if I were new to smartphones, I would recommend the Apple product. Way easier learning curve and is pretty much 100% flawless for someone who is going to use it for most of the basic features. I would guess the Nexus would be more suited to people who want to install all kinds of software and have freedom of customization etc...

Anyway, I'd love to see others thoughts on here.

One quick question - If you swipe to the left-hand screen on the home screen, what are those 5 or so icons representing? There's bluetooth and brightness setting, but what are the others for? I can't find info anywhere for it. Thanks!

2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler