Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
ACPGT
2004 BAGT MKI

Default off street drags advice

hi all,
yesterday a mate and i went to Calder Park for the off street races.
i'll admit up front i didnt read the ad properly so we turned up at 12
they said comp cars till 4 then streeters, some came out about 2
comp cars were good but held things up with a couple of oil downs and hitting a timing light.
by 6.30 my mate had had enough and we left, as he was driving i had no choice.
was wanting some advice from the members what is a good time to arrive?
because i felt sorry for the street guys waiting so long, when we left a lot of people were coming in so 5-6 about right
btw we saw some pretty impressive cars including a white FG XR6T run 3x10sec passessorry if post bit long but i wanted to see street meet; and we've discovered our XR6T's we bought new in september aint all that qwik when you see these cars.
cheers andrew

ACPGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post