Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #11
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Hey lads,

Thought I would catch up on this thread, and contribute my current situation, goals and issues.

39 years of age, and have slowly put on the weight over the years to get to a range of 95 - 96kgs. Probably the biggest that I have ever been. I'm a short-a55, so not a good look.

My mum passed away in June, with complications to diabetes, cholesterol and heart disease / failure. I had my regular blood test in July with my GP and I got "that" talk. Fatty deposits on the liver, cholesterol up and my weight gain over the years. So I had to take action.

I have a pretty full on, stressful desk / exec job, so I do long hours and have a lot of stress. I really enjoyed bike riding years ago anf thought that I would get back on the old mountain bike. My first outing, well I thought that I was going to die. Probably only managed 1 km. That was just over 4 weeks ago.

Now, I'm trying to increase my cycling every week. Going from 5km rides, I am now doing 24km rides and that is just in about 3.5 weeks of riding. I have changed my diet too. Oats / Porridge in the morning, salad with protein (egg or tuna) for lunch, fruit, lots of water and I snack on nuts or rice crackers. Dinners are usually fish or chicken (just 1 piece) and lots of veges or salad. All I have after dinner is a coffee, or maybe a couple spoons of low fat yoghurt if I'm really craving something sweet.

Now in the first few weeks, the weight fell off. Problem is that I can't seem to break past the 90.5kg mark. No matter how well I eat, and how much exercise I do (have now started doing box-fit sessions 1 per week) I can't get past this weight. I just "hover". It goes 90.5, 91.0, 91.2, 90.8, 91.4 etc etc.

I know that the older you get, the harder it is to lose weight. But what am I doing wrong? One guy at work mentioned that I'm not losing weight as such because I am now building up muscle in my legs, as they are getting fairly hard.

Any suggestions?
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post