Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-08-2011, 12:47 AM   #1
rhettwalker1985
Lover of cars not badges

Default Xb GT axel hop

G'day,
The drag season is starting next week and I have finally fitted the new extractors and car by spacer, can't wait to take my coupe back down the drags to improve on that 12.4 time.
The car is a standard stroke 51 clevo with 185cc 3V heads, c4 with 3000stall and obligatory 9 inch with 4.11's, pedders shocks all round and new bushes and rubbers (neoprene) all round. The car drives like it's on rails and handles extremely well for any car let alone an xb! I do not want to sacrifice the handling of the car as it is almost a daily driver and drives awesome.
The rear tyres are 275 x 60 x 15
The car runs pretty consistent 12.4s however I have to give it almost no throttle off the line or it will spin and then feed it in as I go into second.
I refuse to use slicks as I want to do a time as close to as I can on the street, with all the same gear on the car.

The car has issues putting the power down to the ground and axel hops like mad if you give it too much. Just feels as though the rear end is trying to lift up rather than be pushed down.

I rang wilkinson suspension as they are very close to me, they asked straight away if it was a GT. I said nah and why, they explained the genuine gt's had a traction bar or spring helper thing that fixed the problem and can do to my car for only a couple hundred bucks.

Anyone know more about these??