Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2011, 03:35 AM   #33
hawker

Default Re: If you were a salesperson in a Ford showroom...

The problem with many sales people is they have the attitude of going 'you have to buy now, this deal, or this car won't be here next week, we'll get you into finance now.' as soon as you say 'this one looks good and drives ok'

Again you get the good with the bad. When my girlfriends parents went into look at a Lancer, the guy said they should have a look around, and gave them a list of cars that sort of match up to the Lancer, including a Ford Focus or maybe it was a Mondeo, can't for the life of me remember.

I think that sales guy had faith in the car, because they decided on the Lancer - especially for the warranty. Problems so far? None. Not sure how many K's they done. I think they're about 25,000 K's.

When I worked in sales, you could always sense the customer, who they were, if they wanted today, or if they were just looking, or just out on a raining Saturday to kill time.

I personally treat everyone the same, even though a lot of the time, in the back of my head, I sort of said 'This is a time waster, I'll never see this guy again...' I don't think I changed attitude with them, I worked off the theory, they might remember you when they actually need something, or recommend you to friends... Honestly though, I never sold $50,000 cars, I only sold computers, the most I ever brought in was about $13,000... Lots of people came back, so maybe I did something right...
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post