Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Spot or spread?

Hey guys, I'm just curious on how would I tell if my driving lights are spot or spread beams?

I bought them a while ago, had them fitted on my car, they where new boxed from the factory, the last pair of Hella 1378s (spreads) that Burson's had left in stock in their factory.

Once they arrived I fitted them to the car, but I noticed that instead of the H1s they where supposed to come with, one came with a Hella H3 instead, I thought that was a bit odd.

Anyways I swapped the H3 for a H1 back at Bursons and we've been sweet ever since, but today it dawned on me.

I turned my driving lights on facing my garage wall, and the beams are two 1m diameter circles of lights, shouldn't spread beams follow the same pattern as highbeams? For example, very long length wise?

I'm thinking that at the Burson's factory, someone must have bought the wrong lights and returned them, and Bursons put the pencil beams in the spread beam boxes and put them back on the shelf? Why would there be a H3 in the box instead of a H1 like the other?

Thanks much.

Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post