Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
blockhead83

Default Dirtbags! Someone painted my GF's car

Well having just come in from a lovely 3-4 hours washing and polishing my girlfriends car (Mazda) because some scumbag painted 2 lines (looks like posca pen) on both sides from the front quaters to the rear hatch, i thought I'd come on here and vent.

Its all come off after some elbow grease but what a hassle, GF is now driving the XR8 to work (last time she had it for two days for a total of two guttered rims, she didn't recall it happening of course ) and I'm stuck with the Mazda for the day.

I can't believe the turds would do that, it's not even like some sort of personal thing, the car was parked at her sisters 45 minutes away. It has made me realise 3 things.

1. I wish I caught someone doing this, man I wish I caught them.

2. I'm glad I don't have to drive on the ring road every day cause man it is hard on cars, this thing is only 12 months old and riddled with little stone chips.

3. The paint on a modern mazda must be measured in microns, cause the it's hard to see the depressions where the stone chips are and you can only just feel it with your fingernail, can't really polish anything but the slightest marks out of it.

make that 4

4. Man I wish i caught them

Bought back memories of when i was 19 with my pride and joy EF XR6 that got badged repeatedly cause I had to park it on the road as I was living at home with oldies. Was up one night reading and heard the distinct "ping" of a tickford badge coming off a panel, flew out the front and saw the kid running off. He had about a 200m head start, chased him for about 500 untill he went through a park, two options on the other side and I took the wrong one so he got away.

Long walk home barefoot and in my jocks at about 1am, at least my car never got badged again.

anyway GRRRHHHH, I hate people tampering with cars.

blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post