Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2005, 06:01 PM   #1
NZ
~~~

Default Progress on the EBII

For the last year or two I hadn't really had any clear plan for what I wanted to do to my car, but over time I've seen what other people have done and picked out the things that I liked and finally put together a plan for my own car. Its quite a nice feeling to know what I want to do so I can buy the stuff I need and not buy things then find I don't want them later.

In the weekend I put the seats and door trims from an NL Fairlaine into my EBII. I bought the seats and trims a few months ago now and have had them sitting in the house in the spare room. I found someone who wanted to buy my old ghia leather interior so I made the swap.

Everything went in easily. There was a few differences however.

- The LWB have a different rear seat back mounting. The seller of the interior changed this over for me to SWB mounts.
- The side boulsters are larger on the LWB so I will need to get the leather off the NL boulsters and get some SWB boulsters recovered.
- The rear seat mounts are different on one side. This was solved by using the centre bracket that is welded into the floor pan of ef/l modelsI also need to get the longer seat mount bolts to suit this bracket.
- The bracket in ea - ed that the centre console screws to needs to be removed. In true E-Series style I got a large hammer and belted it flat.
- The front seat mount points are also different on one side, so at some stage I will need to drill out a hole and use a nut and bolt to secure that.

Apart from that it went in well and it looks better than I expected. The Drivers seat is also 6 way electric. Currently I have that wired to my amp power as a temp means of getting a working seat till I rewire the car with the NF looms. The door trims screwed straight in. This was only because I had previously had a set of NL trims in my car for a short period so all the holes were pre drilled. Simple. InitialD also gave me some tinted window glass for the car so while the trims were out I slotted those in and adjusted the regs so the glass would go up and down smoothly

The NL seats dont offer the side support that the old recaro style ghia seats did but they are slightly comfier. They feel like you could sit on them for hours and only feel like you'd been sittin on them for five minutes. The next stage is to get a floor carpet, dash board, centre console at the minimum and rewire the car. That should be fairly easy. Its damn loud with no floor carpet!

http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...cat=500&page=1
http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...cat=500&page=1

NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post