Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Default Lord Monckton coming to Australia

Prominent British global warming sceptic Christopher Lord Monckton will visit Australia over the next two weeks on a public lecture tour.

Lord Monckton will speak in all mainland cities and be accompanied by leading Australian climate scientist Professor Ian Plimer author of the top selling book “Heaven+Earth – global warming: the missing science”.

His Sydney address will be Wednesday January 27 at the Sheraton on the Park at 5.30pm with a $20 donation to help cover costs.

He will also speak at Newcastle City Hall Thursday January 28 at 12.30pm and Brisbane Irish Club 3pm Friday January 29 and Noosa January 30.

Lord Monckton and Prof Plimer travel to Melbourne Monday February 1 at Sofitel Hotel 5.30pm and onto Canberra Wednesday February 3 at 3pm at the National Press Club.

Adelaide is Thursday February 4 7.30pm at Intercontinental Hotel and Perth February 8 at Parmelia Hilton 5.30pm.

Taken from The Weekly Times : http://www.weeklytimes.com.au/2010/0.../story_02.html

More info can be found here: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/bre...-1225817401456

I hope he gets to have a public debate albeit he wont get one though. It is unfortunate about his timing close to Australia Day as people will be distracted by the celebrations and Lord Monckton will not even get a mention.

I have not seen this tour advertised in any mainstream media. edit. I looked a little harder and found some websites promoting the tour. In contrast to most print, radio and webpage media claiming that the sky is falling.

The question is, who will be going?

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/

Last edited by chief; 25-01-2010 at 04:03 PM.