Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-09-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default New Car Advice

I have been looking at buying a High Performance Ute for a little over six months now, and have recieved a number of quotes for both Holden and Ford products.

It basically breaks down like this;
MY10 VE Holden SS Utility 6sp Manual $36,500 Driveaway
or
09 Ford XR6 Turbo Utility 6sp Manual $39,750 Driveaway
09 Ford XR8 Utility 6sp Manual $41,050 Driveaway

I am not looking at any options like metallic paint or leather or anything, just a standard white ute with some real factory grunt under the bonnet. I dont intend to use any vehicle I purchase as a workhorse, it will be my daily drive for approx 25,000km a year.

I like the way all three drive, and how all three handle, however, the dollar figure does play a large part in my decision, however not if its going to be a foolish choice.

I have also been examining the resale values of all three vehicles as well, and it would "appear" as though the utes hold resale value far higher than their sedan counterparts, is this in fact correct?

Considering that the VE MY10 SS utes will have side airbags standard, for no extra outlay, I am seriously thinking of laying my coin down sometime this week. If anyone out there can provide any advice either for against any particular choice, I'd appreciate it.

I have asked for advice on commodore forums and the like, however and I quickly grew sick and tired of the moronic responses and childish banter, so unless advice is serious and on topic, please dont reply, I dont want this thread to go downhill like so many others.

calais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post