Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Default What makes new cars new

Lo all

Not sure where to put this, I have had a look around and can't find a good spot for it, so its going in the Pub.

Anyone who has stepped out of an older Falcon (say an ED) and into a relatively new one (say a BAII) can testify that the new car just feels, well newer. Apart from the ride, and the visual input of the older vs newer dash and interior, it just feels classier and more refined.

My question is, how can i make my car feel new again? What is it that makes the difference? Obviously the monster under the hood will detract from the refined feel, but I cant think of anything else aside from maybe installing some sound deadening material.

Also, how can I make the steering less numb and more communicative without making it heavier? The low profile tyres have helped but it still feels kinda lifeless.

Any help would be much appreciated.

If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post