Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Stupid council rules

Ok, now I try and minimise the impact I have on others. I try and have some empathy.

We have a fantastic boat ramp near our place that is used by LOTS of people, especially in peak season. Sometimes cars (especially those with trailers) are parked up to 2km away up big hills. Usually we give fellow boaties a lift up the hill when we can at the end of the day, but I digress.

My trailer yacht takes a bit of set up so I get down there very early, set up, launch and then call my wife who will then drive down with any crew or guests we are taking. They will meet and park at our place about 10 mins away and come down in one car instead of taking spots at the ramp.

Now with the boat off the trailer, my tow car and trailer take up much less room. In some 'car with trailer' spots I can easily fit the Mini wholly within the same spot as the 'lane with the empty trailer. So instead of parking the Mini in another car only spot (also very limited) I asked the Sutherland Council if I parked a car with trailer attached AND the Mini wholly in the same spot - purely to help parking issues - would that be ok?

The response was while we appreciate what you are trying to do, all cars in a 'car with trailer only' spot must have a trailer attached. Notwithstanding there already IS a trailer attached to one of the cars (and a decent sized one at that), they said the Mini would be fined. I even offered to run a chain from the back of the Mini to the Fairlane so it was 'attached' - to no avail.

Now this is all fine with me, I will just take another spot that I don't really have to just so we don't get fined. For certain the Mini would be fined though - it is Sutho Council after all.

As a boat owner I wholly agree with them cracking down on cars only parking in cars with trailer spots, but when there is definately a car with trailer in the spot surely common sense should prevail?

My name is down on the waiting list for a mooring (so I can keep the boat in the water and not bother with the ramp) but they are even scarcer than boat with trailer spots at the ramp after 11am on a sunny Sunday! Will still have to drive down to the ramp in at least one car with the dinghy anyway.

Maybe I just shouldn't worry about others?

Last edited by Pinch; 24-07-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Pinch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post