Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-07-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
2uningFoci
Zetec2.0

Default I now drive a turbo'd focus. :)

Hi, That kit that I posted for sale a while back is now installed in my 2.0L zetec and running great. I am 19 and really wanted to do it myself, it took me 1 week .

I still haven't put in the 440cc injectors and Pro-M Maf or had it tuned yet. At the moment it idles sweet, a little dip nown and then when dropping back to idle, just needs to be run in a little more i think.

Cannot believe the power I got, im running the T25 TD40 turbo at 7-8 psi, i can here it spooling from 2500rpm and at full boot the torque is enbelievable. Still waiting for my boost gauge to arive. But for now I got to get some new tyres, does anyone have any recomdations. I have the Goodyear Eagle F1's, might get them again or the Toyo proxes T1-S they seem pretty good too.

It is very smooth like I hoped, just drives like normal but with the extra power, it is hard to hang on the the steering wheel hahaha. Soon as it is tuned I will post dyno result on here.

Install was pretty straight foward but got stuck with a few oil leeks, #1 Sump, Fixed with thin gasket and silicone. #2 Turbo oil inlet, SS braided line replaced, $60.00 Fixed.
A bit of playing with the BOV vacuum and spring tension and idle surging/throbing went away. IAt sensor relocated closer to throttle body to read the correct air inlet temperature after the intercooler so I found that the 6 pin MAF has the IAT built in our newer cars, the outside wires get cut and soldered to new IAT sensor which was already mounted in before the throttle body, too easy.

Well I just need to find someone who tunes DiabloSport chips, if anyone has an idea somewhere in brisbane or the nearby coasts that would be good.
I'm just taking her easy getting used to the new power myself!
Craig

2uningFoci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post