Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-07-2005, 09:42 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Its not safe

Some people may find this amusing, but I gotta feel for my neigbours.

This morning on my way to work, i pass by the neighbours and have a customary glance across their driveway. They are holden freaks and I usually mutter some profanity under my breath. Well I spot 2 SS commodores in his drive. A Red VZ and a White VX Crewman. Usually theres a sportivo and the crewman. Then I remembered that the wife was driving her bosses car around. The FBT thing for leasing. The boss has her sportivo as she took the ss up to Bathurst for a run to visit the family and a squirt in a V8 holden around the mountain.

So as I get closer I spot a wheel missing. I figured a flat, so i have a bit of a chuckle. Then I realised, 4 flat tyres, can't be. Under each rotor was a pile of 3 bricks. Seems they may have been stolen. Now I wasn't 100% sure, because previously, they had a landcruiser and was out bush and cop'd 4 flat tyres. So after getting the car home, they put the cruiser up on bricks. Then I asked what happened and they explained about the flats. So I figured, maybe this may have happened again. Just maybe

To make sure, i knocked on the door, awoke them from slumber and said "Dude, I think you have a problem. The red SS" He said yeah what about it. Well i told him, its got no wheels. Like 4 of em, gone. Bull he says. Thinking its too early for one of my holden bashing jokes. Sure enough, the wheels have been hoisted. The look of : on their faces, followed by lots of F's and C's.

I then left for work. When i got home tonight I asked what happened. Said they rang the police who didn't care, can't do squat and just logged a report, gave them the number, and they rang the boss, who contacted insurance. 6 hours later, tow truck arrived, 4 new wheels, put them on, and towed the car away out of harms way. Asked how the boss took the news. Didn't care. Had a laugh, thought it was pretty funny. Anyway, the neighbour wife, was very upset. Don't blame her.

Anyway, I just thought I'd post this up. Now if that was my XR6 out front, and my wheels were hoisted, i would be shattered. Until of course I got the insurance money and went looking for new wheels.

I sometimes leave the cars out front. Not anymore.

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post