Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-10-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
Jim5_0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default How long have you had your E series?

I've started this thread because on the October long weekend I celebrated 10 years of ownership of my EB2 Wagon. I did actually drive this particular car when it was brand new in 1992 and was impressed obviously.

So impressed that I bought a new EB2 in 1993 Lemans Red 5 speed GLi had it for 2 years and 190,000km before I replaced it with a Lemans red EF wagon which was an auto and a lemon.

After 1 year & 100,000km I lost my job so the EF had to go to pay off my house so I bought an Immaculate XE S pack wagon which I had for 2 years and 120,000km before a careless driver wrote it off for me.

This meant that I could buy my present EB. Which after 10 years and 320,000 (by me) it has still got it's original box and diff however the original engine had to go a couple of months back because it was leaking oil rather profusely as well as losing coolant and power (1/2 a million KM will do that to an engine).

So are there any other long term owners here?

----------------------------------------------------------------
White EB GLi wagon.
factory manual and cruise control roof rack
dealer fitted tinted windows (fairly dark), bullbar & 7 seats (long gone)

Other mods:
Fairlane Ghia interior & Subaru leather gear knob, Fairmont dash cluster.
Polished Turboblade wheels
2 1/2 inch Redback exhaust
XH snorkel & uni filter
AU XR6 rocker cover (no leaks)
EL tail lights
EF cooling fans
Dual fuel with EL style LPG tank.
Nice mp3 stereo

Planned future mods: LSD, subwoofer, BBM, serpentine belt, trip computer and Fairlane or LTD front sheetmetal.

Last edited by Jim5_0; 25-10-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Jim5_0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post