Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
Cuddle_bunny84

Default Strange windscreen enquiry

Hi guys,

Just looking to get your opinion on an issue that has arisen with my 2006 LX Ford Focus.

A few different passengers have passed comment on the windscreen looking strange and out of focus. I didn't understand what they meant until I was the passenger myself one day! It actually looks like it is 'bi-focal'! If you look out of the top of the windscreen and then look out of the bottom the view is distorted from one view to the other. You can't see it when you are in the drivers seat, only when you are in the passenger seat.

So I took it to my local dealer (or steeler as some of you may prefer) and they told me that the mechanic checked it out and it is most definitely distorted. However, it is the shape of the windscreen in the Focus as he checked four others and they are all the same.

So my question to you is, have you noticed this in your Focus and is this normal? Or are they just trying to get out of fixing it.

Note: There is no damage to the windscreen at all. The car has about 15,000km on it.

Thanks!!!

Cuddle_bunny84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post