Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
pejamas
VENMXR - 2003 BA XR6

Unhappy Terrible week turned worse.

Bit of back Story before the bad stuff..

My brother, best friend and hero Michael went to America a week and a half ago for 3 months as a nice reward holiday after serving two six month tours in Iraq over the last 3 years for the Australian Army. He was working/staying at "Gordyz Wake boarding Camp" which was his passion!

Last Friday my family got a phone call from a local hospital in Wisconsin that informed us that my brother Michael had been in a major boating accident. The wake boarding boat that he was in blew up while he and the owner were cruising along on the lake. All they told us was that he was "really badly burnt" but was allright.

They told us the next day that he only had 1st degree burns ( sigh of relief ) so there was a bit of good news.. Got a phone call this afternoon telling us that there actually 2nd degree burns and hes struggling to cope with the pain ( must be bad considering some of the stuff I've seen him endure with the army! ) Parents are freaking out since the hospital never told him to go back to get them checked out etc to make sure there ok, and they didn't even give him any antibiotic's!

I feel so sorry for my brother, to think he went to war was shot at, had car bombs attempt to blow them up etc and then when hes holidaying he nearly dies in a freak accident. Its hard to deal with because hes so far away and we cant all afford to fly out to see him :(

Ive got a few pics of the boat before and after, and a few of the injuries.

Boat on the right is the boat before

After

The injuries

The last one of his leg is were he is burnt the worst ( very bad on the inner part so makes it hard to walk )

Really depressing week already after finding out my GF might have cancer, and now this.. just isn't fair. Really just needed to let this out.

Dave

pejamas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post