Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-12-2007, 10:41 PM   #1
psi
Starter Motor

Unhappy Noisy Exhaust

Hi guys

I recently had a 2.5" sports exhaust fitted to my 6yl AUII, it consisted of a Manta centre muffler and a redback pipe on the back, no rear resonator. It was far too noisy for me (even though I wanted a sports system). I asked the people who fitted it if I could have a resonator fitted to the back to cut the noise down a bit. cut a long story short they were disinterested so I cut my losses and had a resonator fitted at another place and this did silence it somewhat but it still is too noisy. Anyway I might go back to standard, do you think if I just fit the stock centre section, would that make a difference? Most of the racket seems to be coming from that centre muffler. Any Ideas? Oh yeah, it's an auto if that makes a difference. Or alternatively, put stock back on the centre and rear and try and sell the sports system? I don't mind a bit noise under hard throttle but this system sounds awful.

psi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post