Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
Before 8...

Default 89 Telstar Transmission problems :(

Car: 1988/89 2.2i telstar ghia Auto.

So recently the transmission has been becoming rougher during gear changes, though i though the clunking could be a broken engine mount (which is coincidently on its way out)

So, over the last month or so it has been becoming worse, dropping out of the gear into 3rd or 4th which happens mostly when pulling out etc..just kept checking the gear light to see if it was in gear (light would go off if it wasn't)

Now we have yet another addition to the list of ever growing problems, now it stalls when stationary at the lights, no matter what it jumps a bit (like an L plater in a manual but not so rough)

This last problem only started happening after it had break lines/master cylinder replaced and two coolant hoses replaced today.

Anyway, having no real mechanical experience i thought i would ask here, Any ideas on what's wrong? even a guess would help!

Cheers,
Nick.

.7. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post