Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-05-2005, 08:33 PM   #1
Chris
AFF.com.au

Default 260 Invasion!!

Hey guys, a quick update on the goings on in the Drag racing world with the 260 Boss.

We had an "impromtu" event at Heathcote on sunday, and the guest list was impressive.

Entrant 1 - Kev.

Kevs purple people eater is reknowned for chewing drag racing opponents up - and spitting them out on the blacktop. Kev has the quickest outright NA 260 in Australia unopened, and still has.

Entrant 2 - Me

My blueprint BA ute has the usual bolt ons, stock exhaust and has seen a best of 13.58.

Entrant 3 - ORSMXR

Chris (ORSMXR) took some time from his much needed sunday rest to bring the quickest and fastest street tyred XR8 sedan to the party

Entrant 4 - SLY XR8

David shocked us all (especially me) when he ripped out a 13.34 and took out the street tyred title in the AUTO 260 ute. We mentioned a race was on, and he grinned like a beaver on a hunk of wood. Currently fastest auto 260na and fasted street tyred 260.

Entrant 5 - ORSMT6

Dont really know how leo ended up bringing the turbo, but he threatened us with a beating if he wasn't allowed to race (leo is 6 2 and if there is a guy out there that can punch harder than leo, i haven't met him) so due to physical intimidation, we agreed leo could come.

The day was beautiful, the track was heathcote, and we were ready to go, with Big Kev's ****er of an old man babysitting us all.

There were,

4 different diff ratios
4 different airbox setups ( one ss, one BPT, 2 G and D setups and one BMC carbon deal)
4 different sets of tyres
3 different gearboxes
3 different shifters
5 different exhaust combo's

nitto sticky, nitto shitful, Toyo RA-1 with less rubber than you would find in a cheerleaders purse, dunlop taxi 225's (onya sly) SP9000's (you just wont let them go chris) etc etc.

There were unichips (one from the G and D stable) a stealth box (which has had some XTREME surgery) and a few SCT boxes (one turbo box with some xtreme treatment)

There were also plenty of smiles, photo's, in car video and laughs (Kev's old man is a f*cking ****er, I should have invited him to my 30th.)

First lot of runs, I brained the entire field with a 13.68 right off the bat. Kev still couldn't work out his launch, and was lost in the 14 second wilderness with SLY XR8, who was in a wilderness of his own.

Leo was still napping when we told him we were racing, and he wheelspan a 14.3 something or other.

Round one - Chris (me)

The next segment of the day saw ORSMXR and the Big Kevster trading punches with Chris holding the early advantage in the heat with a string of 13.50's to Kevs 13.58-9's. The turbo started finding its feet, still wheelspinning to some high 13's, I was punching out 50's like they were on special, Dave was still in the wilderness with his 13.50's, but 2.3 60ft times which showed the potential of the car.

Round two - Chris (orsmxr)

We were all getting bored running these numbers when a bright spark popped up and said "hey orsm, wanna try the nittos?)

Thats when the day got pear shaped.

1st run, Orsm sidestepped the clutch at 4000rpm, and there was more shrapnel on the track than in an Iraqi hostage. (dont worry guys, we called the tow truck and got plenty of photo's)

Kev busted out the big launch he was hiding somewhere in his glovebox, and found a 40, then a 38, etc and ended up with a 13.32 with some nasty 1.8 60 ft times, far and away the best 60 ft by 2.5 tenths.

Headlight in, and the exhaust on, this bigfella knows how to launch.

I was busy gathering my PB of a 13.54, and fastest overall for the day with a 107.66 from a 260, which impressed me.

Round three, and the day went to kev.

Then Leo woke up again.

I wouldn't let leo run with my tyres, so I had a steer, and layed down my PB in a BA. 13.11 at 666mph. (yes, everyone saw the MPH, it was a cracker) but it was a turbo, and felt like a poofy car to drive.

The smiles and handshakes, smell of burning rubber and furious gear changes from Kev's old man made for a great day, and one we will all be enjoying again very soon. There was only one fast ute missing on the day, hope he can bring his car out next time and share the fun that we all had.

I on Kev's, Chris's, Leo's, and Dave's behalf would like to thank the following people for their support in allowing us to have so much fun with our toys, and in no particular order, I speak for everyone when I thank

APS - unichip powering kevs car along
G and D - very fast intakes and tuning
Northern Diffs for mine and Daves diffs
Pacemaker and Difillipo
Proffesional exhaust
Simon at XTREME - best edit tune in OZ
SS INDUCTIONS
BPT performance products
BMC filters

and Ford for giving us all the hump.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post