Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

Default I think I'm going to have to shoot them

A lesson in bickering and conflict resolution…

Scenario One

At the airport, Emma’s carry-on bag is found to have a Swiss Army knife within. She is told to go back to the counter and check it in, whilst Ben waits for her to return, sans bag. What reaction should Ben have upon her return?

A – Oh well, never mind. These things happen. Let’s go and find a book to read from WHSmith.
B – You dopey sod! Now, let’s go and find a book to read from WHSmith.
C – I asked you if you put your knife in the rucksack and you told me you had! Why didn’t you put it in the rucksack? Jesus, Emma, you’re stupid. I asked you twice and STILL you left it in there! You know, you were lucky they didn’t confiscate it and then where would you be? I put mine in my rucksack – it’s so simple. Jesus.

Scenario Two

At home, Ben and Emma have discovered that their website advertising their investment property (for rent) has gone down due to Ben’s credit card expiring. This is after they have sent a marketing email only the night before, which will of course now direct the recipients to a website that is down. What should their reaction be?

A – Bugger; let’s jump online and update our account details with a valid card and get it back up. Oh well – these things happen.
B – How can they do that? They didn’t give us any notice? I suppose we’d better sort it out now. Oh well.
C – The card expires in February and the next payment isn’t due until March, for Godssake! How can they do this? Right, I’m going to send them a snotty email because this is SO wrong – they shouldn’t just bring it down because the next payment wouldn’t come through! We’re not late in our payments! We just sent that email out and now we’re buggered! God, I hate these people – they’re useless. I’m going to tell them it has to be back up in 2 hours instead of their usual 24-hour period – they can’t do this. Bloody hell.

Scenario Three

Neither of them have a mobile ‘phone on them, so I suggest that it might be good policy to take my old spare mobile and put a pay-as-you-go SIM in it so that the time they are in Oz (6 weeks), I can call them to meet somewhere or they can stop using payphones. Outcome?

A – Sounds like a good idea. Done.
B – Ben likes the idea, Emma does not. 30 second discussion, and a decision is made. Done.
C – Ben isn’t sure and Emma does NOT want a ‘phone; “it goes against my whole traveling philosophy”. Cue 2 minutes of heated should-we/shouldn’t-we, followed by “Nick, we’ll let you know – we’re going to talk about it later”. After 24 hours, they still can’t agree and as a result, I can’t contact them.

I can’t stand it any longer. I think I’m going to kill them. Any suggested methods?

Neeek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 05:31 PM   #2
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bury them in the sand up to the neck then place aggressive snakes around there face that way they can look death right in the eyes as the snakes repeated bite there face ;)

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 05:53 PM   #3
Escapee
I reject your reality

something rusty and blunt, but hey you need to contact them to find out where they are
Escapee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 06:15 PM   #4
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Feed them into a tree shredder. Make sure that you point the spray into a body of water as the fish will eat the remnents.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 06:14 PM   #5
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeek
I can’t stand it any longer. I think I’m going to kill them. Any suggested methods?
Quick and painless, or drawn out and bloody?
Old 21-02-2006, 06:16 PM   #6
joshf2
striped

handcuff em together and give both of em a knife each.

sit back and enjoy
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 06:20 PM   #7
3Toed
The Smoking Sloth™

Quote:
Scenario One

At the airport, Emma’s carry-on bag is found to have a Swiss Army knife within. She is told to go back to the counter and check it in, whilst Ben waits for her to return, sans bag. What reaction should Ben have upon her return?

A – Oh well, never mind. These things happen. Let’s go and find a book to read from WHSmith.
C – I asked you if you put your knife in the rucksack and you told me you had! Why didn’t you put it in the rucksack? Jesus, Emma, you’re stupid. I asked you twice and STILL you left it in there! You know, you were lucky they didn’t confiscate it and then where would you be? I put mine in my rucksack – it’s so simple. Jesus.
ROFL! This exact thing happened to me when I was visiting Shanghai.

I had a Leatherman tool with me and forgot about it and left it in my carry on. Needless to to say they found it and made me check it in. Only difference was I was alone so having several very unhappy Communists (some with big guns) giving me filthy looks wasn't exactly a pleasant experience. : :

I was glad to be on the plane heading home!
Amen Brother.
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 06:22 PM   #8
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Send them back to the UK...
Old 21-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #9
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
A lesson in bickering and conflict resolution…

Scenario One

Scenario Two

At home, Ben and Emma have discovered that their website advertising their investment property (for rent) has gone down due to Ben’s credit card expiring. This is after they have sent a marketing email only the night before, which will of course now direct the recipients to a website that is down. What should their reaction be?

A – Bugger; let’s jump online and update our account details with a valid card and get it back up. Oh well – these things happen.
B – How can they do that? They didn’t give us any notice? I suppose we’d better sort it out now. Oh well.
C – The card expires in February and the next payment isn’t due until March, for Godssake! How can they do this? Right, I’m going to send them a snotty email because this is SO wrong – they shouldn’t just bring it down because the next payment wouldn’t come through! We’re not late in our payments! We just sent that email out and now we’re buggered! God, I hate these people – they’re useless. I’m going to tell them it has to be back up in 2 hours instead of their usual 24-hour period – they can’t do this. Bloody hell.

Scenario Three

Neither of them have a mobile ‘phone on them, so I suggest that it might be good policy to take my old spare mobile and put a pay-as-you-go SIM in it so that the time they are in Oz (6 weeks), I can call them to meet somewhere or they can stop using payphones. Outcome?

A – Sounds like a good idea. Done.
B – Ben likes the idea, Emma does not. 30 second discussion, and a decision is made. Done.
C – Ben isn’t sure and Emma does NOT want a ‘phone; “it goes against my whole traveling philosophy”. Cue 2 minutes of heated should-we/shouldn’t-we, followed by “Nick, we’ll let you know – we’re going to talk about it later”. After 24 hours, they still can’t agree and as a result, I can’t contact them.

7.62x51mm 168gn spitzer, 2850 fps, 2 rounds required.........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 07:26 PM   #10
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
7.62x51mm 168gn spitzer, 2850 fps, 2 rounds required.........
Stand them back to back and use only one....save money.

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:

Old 21-02-2006, 07:29 PM   #11
joshf2
striped

oh please, wheres the fun with a 2 kill headshot?
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 07:34 PM   #12
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
oh please, wheres the fun with a 2 kill headshot?
Yeah, I see your point.

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:

Old 21-02-2006, 11:54 PM   #13
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

make them drive a vn! :P
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 12:35 AM   #14
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

There's a number of fascinating and creative methods in the movie "Saw"... That film really makes you think...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 12:50 AM   #15
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Who are they....
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 01:13 AM   #16
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Make sure they live together for 20 years... that sounds like hell to me. The ultimate drawn out torture.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 09:09 AM   #17
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

I think Casper wins!

Neeek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 09:19 AM   #18
Ringo
I see you....

Me too....the best punishment is for them to stay together forever.

But what if they breed ?
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post