Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 02-10-2005, 06:01 PM   #1
NZ
~~~

Default Progress on the EBII

For the last year or two I hadn't really had any clear plan for what I wanted to do to my car, but over time I've seen what other people have done and picked out the things that I liked and finally put together a plan for my own car. Its quite a nice feeling to know what I want to do so I can buy the stuff I need and not buy things then find I don't want them later.

In the weekend I put the seats and door trims from an NL Fairlaine into my EBII. I bought the seats and trims a few months ago now and have had them sitting in the house in the spare room. I found someone who wanted to buy my old ghia leather interior so I made the swap.

Everything went in easily. There was a few differences however.

- The LWB have a different rear seat back mounting. The seller of the interior changed this over for me to SWB mounts.
- The side boulsters are larger on the LWB so I will need to get the leather off the NL boulsters and get some SWB boulsters recovered.
- The rear seat mounts are different on one side. This was solved by using the centre bracket that is welded into the floor pan of ef/l modelsI also need to get the longer seat mount bolts to suit this bracket.
- The bracket in ea - ed that the centre console screws to needs to be removed. In true E-Series style I got a large hammer and belted it flat.
- The front seat mount points are also different on one side, so at some stage I will need to drill out a hole and use a nut and bolt to secure that.

Apart from that it went in well and it looks better than I expected. The Drivers seat is also 6 way electric. Currently I have that wired to my amp power as a temp means of getting a working seat till I rewire the car with the NF looms. The door trims screwed straight in. This was only because I had previously had a set of NL trims in my car for a short period so all the holes were pre drilled. Simple. InitialD also gave me some tinted window glass for the car so while the trims were out I slotted those in and adjusted the regs so the glass would go up and down smoothly

The NL seats dont offer the side support that the old recaro style ghia seats did but they are slightly comfier. They feel like you could sit on them for hours and only feel like you'd been sittin on them for five minutes. The next stage is to get a floor carpet, dash board, centre console at the minimum and rewire the car. That should be fairly easy. Its damn loud with no floor carpet!

http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...cat=500&page=1
http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...cat=500&page=1

NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 06:12 PM   #2
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good work Karl! Glad you've got a plan together.

Got any plans for performance? Or is it mostly interior at this stage?
Old 02-10-2005, 06:25 PM   #3
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLY6

Got any plans for performance? Or is it mostly interior at this stage?
I've got another donk for it with a 4 speed auto. I've pulled the engine down and am in the process of just a general clean up and inspection. The GT40p heads I have had for over 6 months now will be going on and I am going to slot in a cam while its out. My current engine has the good intake manifolds and wayne also sold me some ELII extractors which I'll bolt up. I am also going to try my hand at making my own exhaust from 2 4l falcon cats a couple of mufflers dumping it before the diff (good reason for that) Apart from that thats where the preformance will end. Moswtlikely what I will gain from the engine will be killed off by the auto anyway haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
if you have a look on the loom going to the power window switchboard, about 10 cm from the plug there should be a 2 wire plug for the seats
The plug wasn't there. I don't have the console in there at the moment anyway. itspretty bare at the moment.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:18 PM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

good stuff karl. looks good.....

if you have a look on the loom going to the power window switchboard, about 10 cm from the plug there should be a 2 wire plug for the seats
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 06:22 PM   #5
Damo
Banned

That looks neat Karl. So what's next ?
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 06:27 PM   #6
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
That looks neat Karl. So what's next ?
The next step is to finish the engine and fit it. I'll also respray the bay while its out and fit the EF ABS lines
Old 02-10-2005, 06:27 PM   #7
LUXO_8
windsor user

ah ok, maybe that plug is a LWB thing....
Old 02-10-2005, 07:08 PM   #8
XRated
Shoot.

Nice one Karl. I remember one stage you were over the whole doing up the EB thing :P The interior looks schmicko! May as well put in a NL/DL dash whilst you're rewiring it all hehehe.. Are you going to get the back window tinted to suit the rest?

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 09:30 PM   #9
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
Nice one Karl. I remember one stage you were over the whole doing up the EB thing :P The interior looks schmicko! May as well put in a NL/DL dash whilst you're rewiring it all hehehe.. Are you going to get the back window tinted to suit the rest?
Yeah the whole point of rewiring the car is to use the ef/el dash / cluster / climate / trip etc/ Theres no other way to do it without using a complete car set of looms.

Yeah I'll get the rear window and rear 1/4 windows done as well. Hopefully they can match it to the tint on the windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Are those seats from a factory Ghia or were they retrimed?
They look clean and smick.
How much would you expect to pay for a full interior (front back seats and door cards)?
Theyre from a wrecked car. NL Ghia to be exact. I paid $850 for the seats and door trims and then I got some of those arm rest pads for $100. I didn't mind paying heaps because of their condition. There are a couple of light scuffs in places but its nothing major. You'd be pretty hard pressed to find seats as good as these. FTG are selling interiors for around the 6-800 mark from memory. some of them tend to have all the crease lines in the leather. Biggest prob now is maintaining these ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdyrob
No floor carpet? God you're a hick.
I'd rather be a hick than dodgy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock
I've got some EF/EL chrome door handles if you want to fill the holes in your trims
How much?
Old 02-10-2005, 07:08 PM   #10
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Very nice Job NZ. I have an EBI and have thought along the lines of adding an interior from an EF-EL Ghia? Seems you didnt have too many problems at all, very good
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 07:26 PM   #11
Psycho Chicken
Banned

No floor carpet? God you're a hick.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 08:41 PM   #12
Inferno
Mr Forty Seven

I've got some EF/EL chrome door handles if you want to fill the holes in your trims

Also Featuring

NFERNO Registration Plates
ELXR Front Bar & Bonnet with Sequential Scoop
18x8 Graphite Rims, Genie Extractors and Exhaust, Chrome Moulds
ELGT Steering Wheel, Clear Repeators, Cornering Lamps, Tinted Windows
Walnut Highlights, Pionner DEH-P9650MP Headunit & Pro-Series Speakers

Local Playground: Brisbane CBD and surrounding suburbs
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 09:05 PM   #13
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Are those seats from a factory Ghia or were they retrimed?
They look clean and smick.
How much would you expect to pay for a full interior (front back seats and door cards)?
Old 02-10-2005, 09:36 PM   #14
Inferno
Mr Forty Seven

Open to offers, but would like around 200, never used, never fitted. I've got them in my for sale thread on the forums

Also Featuring

Old 02-10-2005, 09:41 PM   #15
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock
Open to offers, but would like around 200, never used, never fitted. I've got them in my for sale thread on the forums
Ah yeah I havent looked in the for sale forum for a while. Don't be offended but $150 is the most I'd pay for them. Granted theyre new never used they don't really wear out so I'll try elsewhere. Thanks anyway champ
Old 02-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #16
Inferno
Mr Forty Seven

No offence taken that's what I paid for them, happy to break even if your still interested

Also Featuring

Old 02-10-2005, 10:55 PM   #17
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Nice Karl...it has been a while since ou have done something..but why go back to a damn auto??? Whhhyyyyyyy.........
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 10:58 PM   #18
LUXO_8
windsor user

allan, its got a lot to do with what Tweecer can do.
you can adjust shift points, as well as other stuff.

should be quite fun
Old 02-10-2005, 11:08 PM   #19
EFFalcon
Last warning

hahahahhaha..
cleans up the interior a tad :P
got a rooflining yet?
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 11:20 PM   #20
John_LS1

nice one karl, those are some mint seats u got there, are you going to be using the brown seatbelts too? black ones will ruin it i think. if you do get EL2 ones cause they have that notch in them so the buckle doesnt fall to the floor all the time.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 11:23 PM   #21
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Looking good there, once you have a focus it all comes together quite nicely.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 11:26 PM   #22
InitialD
Low and Loud

Starting to look good Karl ;)

John should still have the rear 1/4 window tint :P Should look great finished.

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 12:17 AM   #23
CruizinEB
Banned

Looks sweet mate good job,but it looks like you have stolen the car with all those wires hanging out like that,whats the story???? lol
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 12:26 AM   #24
spope
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ
Its quite a nice feeling to know what I want to do so I can buy the stuff I need and not buy things then find I don't want them later.
Karl, I know that feeling all too well. I have a clear direction with my car now, and it feels so much better.
That interior looks like it is top nick! Re: fitting the back seat into a swb, how did you go about changing the hinges? I have an NC back seat in mine, and I have looked but cannot figure out for the life of me how to change the hinges. I'd like to though, as they don't lock on the striker properly.
Regarding the side bolsters, you should be able to simply unpick the retaining staples on the NL bolsters, and stick it over your existing one (if you still have it) I did that with mine, and unless you look really carefully, you can't tell.
Nice work though mate, I am very eager to hear how you go with your rewiring.
spope is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 02:44 AM   #25
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by spope
Re: fitting the back seat into a swb, how did you go about changing the hinges? I have an NC back seat in mine, and I have looked but cannot figure out for the life of me how to change the hinges.
Send ARM97 a pm. he did mine. It looks like the whole metal thing in the back needs to be swapped over as the hinges themselves have that pressed stud thing. You can drill them out and use bolts but they start ripping into the seat when you put the seat up and down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Nice Karl...it has been a while since ou have done something..but why go back to a damn auto??? Whhhyyyyyyy.........
A lot has to do with the condition of the T5, plus i kinda grew up a bit in the last few months. I'm keeping the T5 anyway so if i have the desire to, converting back is only a rebuild and a days work away.
Fueltronics can reprogram the trans ecu as well so thats something to look into
Old 03-10-2005, 05:29 AM   #26
Walkinshaw
Two > One

EL into EA/D pffffffftttt (lol, j/k) Top work. I love the interior. Also when your changing the dashes the bracket above the trans tunnel on the firewall is diffrent EA/D ==> EF/L. Its bolted to the floor with 2x10mm bolts and the bracket is a diffrent shape, easy swap but otherwise the EF/L dash will stickout to far.

Oh, and ewwwwww crappachino

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 10:32 AM   #27
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
EL into EA/D pffffffftttt (lol, j/k) Top work. I love the interior. Also when your changing the dashes the bracket above the trans tunnel on the firewall is diffrent EA/D ==> EF/L. Its bolted to the floor with 2x10mm bolts and the bracket is a diffrent shape, easy swap but otherwise the EF/L dash will stickout to far.

Oh, and ewwwwww crappachino
Cheers for the headup re. the bracket. Rmyers mentioned something about the later models having the right one where ea's didn't. Will be interesting to see.

I've affectionally named it poop brown rather than crappachino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
Unreal, coming together rather nicely. Karl drop me a PM if your wanting that t-bar as i'm hardly ever on MSN as the same times you are. I didn't bother doing the rear seat clip thingies (good vocabulary??:P), so i suppose yours will become the most complete EF interior swap over we've seen. As for the rear side bolsters, i paid $90 a side at a pro auto trimmer to re-trim my old bolsters with the leather off the NL ones...

Can't wait till she's finished
I'm hoping to get down to melb in a couple of weeks time. will drop you a message closer to the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
Nice work Karl. The interior is looking alot better from the last time I saw it at AFD. Leather is good
It might be worthy of putting it in AFD next time!
Old 03-10-2005, 08:03 PM   #28
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ
I've affectionally named it poop brown rather than crappachino

In the pictures it looked much whiter than "Poop Brown" or "Crapachino"

what colours were available in the NL range?
Old 03-10-2005, 07:31 AM   #29
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Unreal, coming together rather nicely. Karl drop me a PM if your wanting that t-bar as i'm hardly ever on MSN as the same times you are. I didn't bother doing the rear seat clip thingies (good vocabulary??:P), so i suppose yours will become the most complete EF interior swap over we've seen. As for the rear side bolsters, i paid $90 a side at a pro auto trimmer to re-trim my old bolsters with the leather off the NL ones...

Can't wait till she's finished

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 09:38 AM   #30
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Nice work Karl. The interior is looking alot better from the last time I saw it at AFD. Leather is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post