Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
max_torq
From the Futura

Default Mustang Stolen at Gunpoint - Police onto it.

Sounds like this incident is still in progress, the car had a GPS and the police tracked it and have now have the thieves under siege...

ABC

max_torq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
Scott

Hope they put some holes in the bastards.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Hope they put some holes in the bastards.
+1 from me. Thankfully the car was recovered! Glad to see it didn't just disappear like the many others do
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
u2canb12
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising cruises and keeping the events in the spirit of the forums 

Sounds like it will be a good outcome for the owner, although I am sure it was a brown jocks moment having a gun stuck in your face

Makes the purchase of a GPS a reasonable investment.......
u2canb12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
max_torq
From the Futura

Would have felt more satisfying booting up the GPS software and dialling 000 as they tear away.
max_torq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Hope they get the scum and they havent slipped away.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #7
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Intersting, this has me looking at GPS tracking software for my cars....I think I might invest in a tracker for both cars, the XB and FPV, I think you can get some now that you can track yourself on your iPhone(or other smart phones) and shut the engine off yourself remotely.

Lets hope they get them, armed robbery in company and home invasion, they will be doing a few years behind bars spending some quality one on one time with 'Big Bubba'
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

They are a great investment those GPS systems. I will be having one installed in my car when it is done.

Hope the car is returned to the owner undamaged.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #9
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the owner must be distraught, lets hope his pony car is released unharmed, thiefs with good taste,who da thunk.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #10
SVR73
Mr Polish

He'll have to store the car elsewhere once he gets it back
poor bugga. Hope the cops give them bastards what they deserve

its a golden rule that some ********* need to learn - don't touch, steal or **** with another man's car. I don't care what model it is. There's some things you just don't do.
especially an italian or greek's car. he'll have his ten million cousins, uncles etc on your *** in no time and you'll be ****** over majorly
Old 10-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #11
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The other good thing is that if they took the car to where they normally do their "business" other cars may be recovered. Or at least the parts.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #12
Ringo
I see you....

Ha ha ha...love it when the good guys win against againts what were obviously professionals

That car would be in bits in a day or so I think without the Police turning up.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #13
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
Ha ha ha...love it when the good guys win against againts what were obviously professionals

That car would be in bits in a day or so I think without the Police turning up.
I doubt they were pros. Professionals don't want the owner to know the car is gone until it is in bits somewhere.
Pulling a gun is not a very subtle way to take a car. Reminds me of the black guy in gone in 60 seconds
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #14
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Man charged over Mustang theft

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...mustang-theft/

A 24-year-old man has been charged with assault and stealing offences after a spate of alleged robberies in Perth's south eastern suburbs.

Armadale and Midland detectives allege the man stole two high-performance cars worth more than a $100,000 and left a 24-year-old man with serious injuries during the spree, which ran for a week earlier this month.

About 11am on January 3, police said the man allegedly demanded the keys to a Nissan Skyline in the car park of a Thornlie shopping centre before assaulting him.

The alleged attack left the victim with facial fractures.

Less than a week later, police said the Thornlie victim had been at his Bentley home when the man and two co-offenders assaulted him again and left him in need of hospital treatment.

They also allegedly stole his car, which was found abandoned at the Beckenham train station a short time later.

The final incident is alleged to have occurred about 3am on January 10, when the man broke into a Wattle Grove home with other men before threatening the property's owner and stealing his 1967 Ford Mustang Coupe.

The car was recovered by police in Bayswater a short time later.

Police have charged the men with a raft of offences including armed robbery, aggravated burglary, assaulting with intent to rob, assault occasioning bodily harm, aggravated robbery, stealing a motor vehicle, stealing and committing and offence.
He is due to appear in the Perth Magistrate's Court on January 18.
All aboard the failtrain - destination - JAIL!

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #15
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Looks like the GPS works a treat. Bet them scumbags are brown jocking it at the moment.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #16
UU TS50
T3 TS50 075

Wattle Grove is where i live

My car T3 TS50 #75 Blueprint manual 1/4 mile 13.38 @ 102.97 mph TS 50 = 237.1 rwkw
UU TS50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #17
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo XR8
Wattle Grove is where i live
I saw quite a few burnout tracks on the road there, thats not you is it??

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 02:00 PM   #18
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsta
I saw quite a few burnout tracks on the road there, thats not you is it??
You're not thinking of the Wattle Grove South of Sydney, are you?

The first thing I would be installing into any 'desirable' car is a GPS tracker. They seem to be a great investment
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #19
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
You're not thinking of the Wattle Grove South of Sydney, are you?

The first thing I would be installing into any 'desirable' car is a GPS tracker. They seem to be a great investment
Yeah they are a great thing can be thawted easily though unfortunately usually by taking the car into a garage, it needs to see the sky like the GPS you have on your dash. Still if the police are fast and you report it quickly they should have a good idea where it was last seen.

If i had a more collectable car I would get it in a heartbeat.

No i was referring to WA as per the pic on the ABC website, only joking about it being Congo though.

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

Old 10-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #20
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Removal of the dominant hand of those found to be in possession of the car.

Those GPS systems can be great, had a friend with one in his GT-P, only down side was that the alarm started playing up and we were getting calls while at car shows from the monitoring company stating that the car had be broken in to.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #21
bigsta
Making superman jealous

yay thats so awesome.. sucked in to those douchebags i hope the judge sends them away for a few years..

Old 10-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #22
Boosh Brus

The poor guy must be terrified. Six men including one with a gun know where he lives and are probably not too pleased with the outcome of their theft.

Makes me wonder... I assume you would be charged if you deactivated your stolen car and as a result it was then hit by traffic???
Boosh Brus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #23
Dave3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosh Brus
The poor guy must be terrified. Six men including one with a gun know where he lives and are probably not too pleased with the outcome of their theft.

Makes me wonder... I assume you would be charged if you deactivated your stolen car and as a result it was then hit by traffic???
I wouldnt think so. Most of the systems have either web interfaces for the owner, or are monitored by a security call centre who will do the shut down (if fitted). The web interfaces I've seen clearly advise only to shut the car down if stationary and should only be done with the consultation by the Police. A few of the security companies I've delt with also only shut down the car if advised to by the police.

I've seen these systems work with great results in the past. Including one guy who logged in from the Bahamas to check where his GT3 Porsche was whilst he was on Holidays (It should've been at his mechanic in preston). The website told him it was doing 150km+ along the western fwy outside of Ballarat. Police caught up with the car just prior to Melton, deactivated it on the fwy to find one of the workshop apprentances with his mates on one hell of a test drive.
Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #24
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

I hope the car is returned in a good condition. Scum like this make me sick, you just dont touch other peoples stuff, its not hard.
I also hope the car was not stolen from the owners home as what kind of retribution can be expected from the offenders for the GPS leading to their arrest. I would imagine the punishment wont fit the crime and they would be looking for some payback sooner rather than later.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #25
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

The TRG have stormed the warehouse, but the alleged offenders who were reported to be barricaded inside were not there. The car has been recovered.

Edit: it was a wrecking yard, and the Mustang may have been a Shelby Cobra (replica or original I do not know).

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin

Last edited by Road_Warrior; 10-01-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #26
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great news about the car.

Shame about the offenders.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #27
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
The TRG have stormed the warehouse, but the alleged offenders who were reported to be barricaded inside were not there. The car has been recovered.

Edit: it was a wrecking yard, and the Mustang may have been a Shelby Cobra (replica or original I do not know).

doesn't matter that they were not there... it's not like they have taken the stolen car to a reputable place for a "service"..... owner of the yard will have some explaining to do for sure.

great stuff regarding the outcome... makes you very aware that if you have a GPS of sorts / cops numbers / and are switched on, it helps with the outcome, not just waiting for the boys in blue to do the job.
reef green xwgt falcon
lime green HT GTS Monaro 308 4 speed
reef green ZC Fairlane black interior
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #28
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Good news the car has been recovered

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #29
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC
They held the owner at gun point and demanded he sign over ownership of the 1965 Ford Mustang.
Sign over ownership?

There is a lot more to this than has been reported so far.

I suspect that they all know each other and there is a lot of money or a debt of some kind involved.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #30
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There is a lot more to this than has been reported so far.

I suspect that they all know each other and there is a lot of money or a debt of some kind involved.
I reckon...
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post