Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-04-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
Wally
XP Coupe

Default I've been violated!

Monday morning 4.00am I woke to a call from the Police... "is that you Mr B..y?"....oh S$%# he's done it again I say to myself..."Yes it is" I reply tentatively..."Your house at **** has been broken into" ...relief.... hang on some unwelcomed ********** has broken the rules, entered my weekender without my permission, violated the rules, this is not right!!

So a quick shower and I'm in my trusty steed, full gallop to the Goldie. On arriving all seems well..until I get upstairs and there it is glass all over the floor, a massive concrete block laying on my polished floor boards, not so bad I say to myself, but then I look over to the far side of the room..

"where is my TV, my audiophile valve preamp and power amps, by player, my tuner, my decoder...WTF not only have they gouged great canyons in my floor boards they have stolen my pride and joy hifi. This is not fair this isn't a ****y transistor jobbie, I can build a FET amp in my sleep, 2N3055 B class is a snap, this was a full on high powered multivalve 1000 watt rig.

So the long and short of it is these intruders broke into the house, turned the lights on like it didn't matter and topsy turvied the rooms, stole my entertainment centre and I want blood. I spent yesterday and today installing cameras to supplement the existing security system...I'm gonna get these buggers when they return to take the replacement items and I'm gonna get them good.

My blood runs cold when I think one day earlier and my 74 yearold father in law could have been huddled frightened behind that window as 30 kg of concrete and shards of glass came sailing through the venetians. I want these guys and I'm gonna get them, this isn't car forum spite, this is real... they stole my HiFi, they violated my property, they have spolied memories of parties with since departed friends, I built this house myself, the 12 months alone it took me to do the ornate joinery, seven years of exhaustive weekends between business commitments, seven years of making my baby a local icon, my Taj Mahal a big two level modern Queenslander, a tribute to my host state and legacy to my kids and their kids for a beach house to hand down to their kids.

I have to hand it to the police, they answered the call from a frightened pensioner neighbour and two cars were on the scene in lickety split time.

Meanwhile the old timers and young families in the area are fearful for their safety, coz my house has full flood lighting and alarms systems, if crims attack under that duress, what next....

End of rant

Old 15-04-2010, 12:11 AM   #2
StrokedXT
Banned

Best to just accept it and move on, insurance will replace and repair anything damaged or stolen.
Old 15-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
vik351
Banned

Time Australia brought back the noose and started using it.

The amount of common assaults in the streets these days is sickening,and the crims are getting younger by the minute.

Car theft is a joke,break and enter is a joke,Tell me what woulda happened to those crims if the cops nabbed them...???

There is no punishment these days,bring back the cane in primary schools...

vik...Whip some respect back into the little buggers...!!!
Old 15-04-2010, 12:42 AM   #4
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik351
Time Australia brought back the noose and started using it.

The amount of common assaults in the streets these days is sickening,and the crims are getting younger by the minute.

Car theft is a joke,break and enter is a joke,Tell me what woulda happened to those crims if the cops nabbed them...???

There is no punishment these days,bring back the cane in primary schools...

vik...Whip some respect back into the little buggers...!!!
Maybe we should start sending the "convicts" to England and return the favour after 200+ years - no more nice beaches, miserable weather, political Correctness gone mad (worse than here).
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 15-04-2010, 12:22 AM   #5
Scott

Ouch. Sorry to hear mate, irreplaceable items are such a terrible thing to lose, especially with the memories they hold.

Fingers crossed you get it back - might pay to lodge your loss with the Valve Radio guys.
Old 15-04-2010, 12:30 AM   #6
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sic em Wally sic em. I hope you get the blighters who have violated the rules. Give em what for and with all guns and cameras blazing. :jab: out: :
Old 15-04-2010, 02:17 AM   #7
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Sorry to hear of your break in. Did the police dust for prints?

It sound like you had some unique / expensive stuff. I would make a list of the top 15 online selling sites and spend 5 minutes every 2 days searching for the stolen items.

You never know, you may just get lucky.
Old 15-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Sorry to hear of your break in. Did the police dust for prints?

It sound like you had some unique / expensive stuff. I would make a list of the top 15 online selling sites and spend 5 minutes every 2 days searching for the stolen items.

You never know, you may just get lucky.

Yes, the forensic guy was most disappointed there wasn't blood. He likes non laminated windows because it generally cuts the perp.

Pottery I hear you man. I'm also a crack shot with a 243 and the thought has crossed my mind, but I'm too civilised for that.

RG, as anyone with T@G knows, to repair it properly means replacing the whole floor. The insurer is suggesting this, but I it's just one more inconvenience, so I'm looking at some alternatives.

They did manage to get downstairs and set off more alarms, but I think they were after easy egress, only to find deadbolts. They left the hifis and TVs in that part of the house.

Anyway I now have an 8 channel DVR hooked to cameras looking at cameras around the perimeter. I even have an external stair detector hooked to the alarm system that warns intruders with a recorded voice that they are on video and to ******** off before they trip the next one that starts a 100db plus siren wailing 10 metres up at the roof where they can't get to.

I've been around the local hotels and cash converters to let them know the hifi that has been flogged is not something you'd find in Harvey Norman, thus very distinctive.
Old 15-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #9
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sensor switch's and Claymore mine's........ Bit messy but their stezza stealing day's will be over...
Old 15-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #10
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

You haven't read the Sentences & Penalties Act (QLD) lately have you?

So even if they are caught.........

The first few pages revels you plight, the act reminds sentencing authorities that "Prison is a last resort".

So be prepared to give up you next Stereo system as well, because they will be back and soon.............

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Old 15-04-2010, 09:36 AM   #11
3vXT

30kg concrete block through an upstairs window? I think i know who you are looking for...

I can understand why people want things that aren't theirs, most people can understand that i guess but it hurts when someone takes something you've worked hard for.
Old 15-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #12
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Something tells me they knew exactly what they were after and that these aren't you normal everyday run of the mill crooks. Risking flood lights and Security Systems isn't the forte of most mindless drone crims.

I feel for you Wally, some people just have no respect and instead of being a functioning member of society they choose this life.

Live by the sword die by the sword I say.

Oh and btw messing up the floor boards is just a dog act :
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 15-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #13
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I feel for you wally

about 10 yrs ago i had one of my units i lived in emptied out with a truck the nabours just stood and watched them take the stuff out of the unit because they knew i was moving out the next week they just thought i hired people to do the move .

the worst part of the deal was when i got home and found it(was at my old mans and had a quite few beers and rather drunk ) I called the police but they said i had something to do with it as it was convenient that i was drunk at the time. The bastards removed everything including my bed so i had to walk back to my old mans place to sleep.

Good luck with finding the stuff they accually got and with the floor

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 15-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #14
stang65
FPRJET

I hope they get the B*******, These crims are the scum of the earth bring back tresspasser may be shot. Good luck hope things get better for you.
Old 15-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #15
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I know what you're feeling, my old lady actually walked in on someone burgling our house, had all our entertainment gear, my playstation etc all lined up ready to go, pockets filled with jewlery. My old lady found him in my room, ran up, grabbed his hands and started screaming her lungs out, he eventually screamed back saying he'd leave if she just shut up.

Rang the cops, they showed up, found a shirt from a local school in the brisbane area with a crowbar wrapped up, felt so violated that some 'school kid' had entered our beloved home, taken priceless jewlery that could never be replaced and put my mother in a bloody dangerous situtation.

I wanted to belt the living ************ out of whoever it was, however the police said there was pretty much nothing we could do as indicated in the posts above. Worst part is if you did catch them and injure them in your home, they could claim all sorts of 'criminal compensation' bullplop according to a lawyer friend of ours.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 15-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #16
Mad Maxine

Just remember, dead men can't sue.

But seriously, get a dog. Alarms just make noise, a good dog will intimidate and BITE.

This is my main protection system, he's lovely and does his job brilliantly: Meet 'Duffy'

Shazz

1977 XC GS Coupe
Old 15-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #17
ams77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that face is absolute gold....says i could be your best friend or your worst nightmare
Old 16-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #18
Deaks

Maxine, best alarm ever. Ive got two male English staffies, when they play, they freak people out with the noises they make. Im sure they'd probably lick anyone before they'd bite them, but they don't know that.
Old 16-04-2010, 12:39 AM   #19
futura97
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Yeah just wait until they (your dogs) do bite someone. Next week your dog will have to be put down. Our justice system sucks. Get insurance and move on...
Old 16-04-2010, 02:10 AM   #20
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No good leaving a dog at a holiday house thats only visited once a month.
Old 16-04-2010, 02:43 AM   #21
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Since when do the crims have more rights than the victim? What bull system is this.

Hope you get some sort of justice, and your stuff back.
Old 16-04-2010, 10:20 AM   #22
scoupedy

This is terrible a rich man has been robbed and hes got insurance omg
I can see how this would ******** you off but really is it that bad? hows your familiys health? If you have a holiday house that you only use one a month how bad are things really? and lets face it if your only there once a month it will be targeted again and again won't it? Best bet is buy all the ******** again put all the boxes out the front and hide with no car out the front, no lights on, sit with that rottie and a big stick.
Old 16-04-2010, 10:47 AM   #23
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoupedy
I can see how this would ******** you off but really is it that bad? hows your familiys health? If you have a holiday house that you only use one a month how bad are things really? and lets face it if your only there once a month it will be targeted again and again won't it? Best bet is buy all the ******** again put all the boxes out the front and hide with no car out the front, no lights on, sit with that rottie and a big stick.

How much money does one need so its okay to rob them, or that they don't feel dirty entering THEIR OWN HOME knowing some scumbag has been in there without permission.

I didn't see Wally crying over his loss of investment capital, just the fact he was violated, and items which hold some sentimental value to him were taken!

I do however like the Rotti idea. In Queensland, one is allowed to use 'Reasonable Force' to protect their property, belongings and family, inside their own home. All comes down to what you can prove is 'Reasonable'!

That said, lighten up on the "bleeding poor mouth act", cause it won't find many mates around here!

Sorry to hear about your loss Wally! Your items you will replace, but yours, and your loved ones safety is paramount. Good to hear its also intact!
Old 16-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #24
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
The fact that it appears he built the HiFi system himself suggests that there was more invested than what insurance can replace.

So what if he works hard and can afford such luxuries, good on him I say. No reason to flame him.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 16-04-2010, 11:03 AM   #25
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
A bit jealous?
As has been said it's not the $$ value it's the sentimental value, nothing worse than building something yourself only to have it ripped off or destroyed, pretty heartbreaking feeling.
Old 16-04-2010, 11:49 AM   #26
tweeked
N/A all the way

This world sucks.

I can just imagine the Judge at sentencing,

"Break and enter - 12hr community service
Theft - good behaviour bond.

Now i hear you spun your wheels then sped off leaving the premises - Impounding your car, loss of licence, fine you $1000 and i will jail you next time!!"

Old 16-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #27
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Your attitude needs a rottie and a bug stick. A man works hard for what he has, starts out with hard study at school, gets good job, works hard and builds his house and puts a few nicities in it and then some jelous lawless scum who probably bludges off society turns up one night and steals some items this man has built himself? I change my first statement, you and your attitude need a rottie and a big stick.
Old 16-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #28
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
bug stick.

Right on Bro, his attitude is "Beeched As Bro"!
Old 16-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #29
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
Right on Bro, his attitude is "Beeched As Bro"!
I've been :
I've just been reading about The Giz so some of the in zid spik must hev worn off bro. :
Old 16-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #30
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
I've been :
I've just been reading about The Giz so some of the in zid spik must hev worn off bro. :

I saw yoo down there Bro. :
Closed Thread