Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Default Rspec 255KPH

Saw this on tv the other night... Was a new black and red Rspec GT..

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-0...-video/4414310

And the video.. http://au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonig...d-fast-driver/

2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Default Re: Rspec 255KPH

Well - you brag - you get caught....

What an idiot....
Old 07-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Wasnt very smart that is for sure.

What is it with Facebook? Makes people do the stupidest things.......... like telling the world you just did 255 in your new car hahahahahahaha

And just in case no one believes me .... check out my video of it!!!!!!!!!!!

This car forum is as close to facebook / tweeter / confessional, as I'll ever get!

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
StrikeTwiceXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here we go, another HO hysteria!
StrikeTwiceXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
05_ENFORCER

Words cannot simply describe it.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
STINKY NINJA
Banned

In the words of Ren "Stimpy you eeeeediot!"
Should be in a vl commodore that bloke...
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FACEBOOK "stupidity for the masses"

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
THABOSS

Oh no! I hope this guy doesn't get us Ford owners the 'bogan hoon' label those Commodore drivers have had for such a long time.

Video of the XForce Exhaust
THABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by THABOSS View Post
Oh no! I hope this guy doesn't get us Ford owners the 'bogan hoon' label those Commodore drivers have had for such a long time.
Bogans/hoons don't care what badge is on the front of their car.....they're out there and we can only hope that none of the idiots don't nail us when they're being stupid.

Posting it on facebook, just proves how stupid the fella actually was. I'm just glad none of us got hit by him.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #10
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter View Post
Bogans/hoons don't care what badge is on the front of their car.....they're out there and we can only hope that none of the idiots don't nail us when they're being stupid.

Posting it on facebook, just proves how stupid the fella actually was. I'm just glad none of us got hit by him.
The guy can't be totally stupid? He DID make a pretty good choice to buy an Rspec afterall.
At the end of the day, most of us have done it.. I have, both in my Pursuit and my Typhoon.. And years ago in many vehicles far less safe. And if I had a spanky new Rspec, I'd sure be tempted to see what it'd do too! This dills mistake was to 1/. Video it AND plaster it on the net. And 2/. Do it on a road that looks far from safe at 150+mph.
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #11
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
The guy can't be totally stupid? He DID make a pretty good choice to buy an Rspec afterall.
At the end of the day, most of us have done it.. I have, both in my Pursuit and my Typhoon.. And years ago in many vehicles far less safe. And if I had a spanky new Rspec, I'd sure be tempted to see what it'd do too! This dills mistake was to 1/. Video it AND plaster it on the net. And 2/. Do it on a road that looks far from safe at 150+mph.
Most of us might have done it, but how many of those people have advertised it on the internet.....Not to many people with something between the ears.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #12
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im sure he had a valid excuse to exceed the speed limit.... it was night time... there was no one else around... it was a life threatening emergency... my latte was getting cold

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #13
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Im sure other blown 5.0 owners have done that but they are not as dumb as him and didnt tell the whole world,should have just driven straight to the cop shop after and handed himself in
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #14
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE 220 View Post
Im sure other blown 5.0 owners have done that but they are not as dumb as him and didnt tell the whole world,should have just driven straight to the cop shop after and handed himself in
He did the next best thing and posted it on facebook
MDS69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #15
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dumb ****
40RDT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #16
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I have done that, actually 254, in my GT-P.

I did not video it as I was busy driving at the time and it was in NT in October 2003 in an open zone.

In saying this the place this guy did this even if it was an open zone was just stupid and dangerous.

There was a line of big trees next to the road, not much long range visibility and more importantly cross roads.

If you are doing 250km/h (70m/s) with road tyres and road brakes you WILL take several hundred metres to stop not counting the 100 odd metres you will travel reacting to the shock of seeing a hazard.

This means that if a tractor or animal appeared on the road in front of you at less than about 400m you WILL either hit it or one of those trees.

While I was up in NT in my new GT-P I did a lot of testing of stopping distances and fuel economy at high speed and despite having full brembos with braided lines and sticky tyres on smooth wide grippy road unless you can see at least 1000m in a 180 degree sector in front of you 250km/h in a FPV is just silly.

This idiot should be nailed to a cross.......

N.B. I actually looked at the video before making a decision as to just how safe or unsafe this act was rather than just lighting the blue touch paper after reading the word "speeding" as seems so common lately.

Last edited by flappist; 07-12-2012 at 01:14 PM.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #17
sprint347dave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
Well I have done that, actually 254, in my GT-P.

I did not video it as I was busy driving at the time and it was in NT in October 2003 in an open zone.

In saying this the place this guy did this even if it was an open zone was just stupid and dangerous.

There was a line of big trees next to the road, not much long range visibility and more importantly cross roads.

If you are doing 250km/h (70m/s) with road tyres and road brakes you WILL take several hundred metres to stop not counting the 100 odd metres you will travel reacting to the shock of seeing a hazard.

This means that if a tractor or animal appeared on the road in front of you at less than about 400m you WILL either hit it or one of those trees.

While I was up in NT in my new GT-P I did a lot of testing of stopping distances and fuel economy at high speed and despite having full brembos with braided lines and sticky tyres on smooth wide grippy road unless you can see at least 1000m in a 180 degree sector in front of you 250km/h in a FPV is just silly.

This idiot should be nailed to a cross.......

N.B. I actually looked at the video before making a decision as to just how safe or unsafe this act was rather than just lighting the blue touch paper after reading the word "speeding" as seems so common lately.
i took the Sprint for a drive up to the NT in the late 90s,,not sure what the top speed was,,,needle was touching the bottom of the dial,,,tacko was reading 5050rpm,in 5th gear,,does anyone know how to work out what the speed was? standard 16inch wheels,, 225/50 series tyres,,5 speed manual,5th gear ratio is 0.720,,,3:27 diff,,and at those speeds you could watch the fuel gauge go down pretty quickly aswell
sprint347dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #18
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint347dave View Post
i took the Sprint for a drive up to the NT in the late 90s,,not sure what the top speed was,,,needle was touching the bottom of the dial,,,tacko was reading 5050rpm,in 5th gear,,does anyone know how to work out what the speed was? standard 16inch wheels,, 225/50 series tyres,,5 speed manual,5th gear ratio is 0.720,,,3:27 diff,,and at those speeds you could watch the fuel gauge go down pretty quickly aswell
It is unlikely you were doing any more than about 200-220km/h. It take a HUGE amount of power to push a falcon through the air at high speed and the E series were not real aeordynamic.

I remember when the T3 came out MOTOR took one for a run to Darwin and could not get over 240km/h despite many attempts. The AU was much slipperier than E series and was about a powereful and you could get using a windsor.

It is pointless trying to calculate from tachos and ratios as everything is "sort of" accurate including your speedo.

GPS is king.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #19
sprint347dave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
It is unlikely you were doing any more than about 200-220km/h. It take a HUGE amount of power to push a falcon through the air at high speed and the E series were not real aeordynamic.

I remember when the T3 came out MOTOR took one for a run to Darwin and could not get over 240km/h despite many attempts. The AU was much slipperier than E series and was about a powereful and you could get using a windsor.

It is pointless trying to calculate from tachos and ratios as everything is "sort of" accurate including your speedo.

GPS is king.
MOTOR MAG MARCH 1994,,,SPRINT 228KPH ,,4750RPM,,5TH GEAR
MOTOR MAG JAN 1994 SPRINT 228KPH
MOTOR MAG OCT 1993 SPRINT 228KPH
WHEELS FEB 1994 SPRINT 237KPH
WHEELS SEPT 1993 SPRINT 231KPH

how much does a T series weight compared to a Sprints 1560kilos,,and maybe all that stuff they have hanging off the T series slows it down a bit,,just saying.
so flappist its more likely i was doing more than 200kph/220kph,,just saying
sprint347dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2012, 12:51 AM   #20
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
MOTOR MAG MARCH 1994,,,SPRINT 228KPH ,,4750RPM,,5TH GEAR
MOTOR MAG JAN 1994 SPRINT 228KPH
MOTOR MAG OCT 1993 SPRINT 228KPH
WHEELS FEB 1994 SPRINT 237KPH
WHEELS SEPT 1993 SPRINT 231KPH

how much does a T series weight compared to a Sprints 1560kilos,,and maybe all that stuff they have hanging off the T series slows it down a bit,,just saying.
so flappist its more likely i was doing more than 200kph/220kph,,just saying
So what you are saying is that several professional drivers were in the 220s and 230s yet you were faster and you think that weight rather than aero is the most significant factor in terminal velocity......yeh ok......
Old 07-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #21
Sprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
the sprint does a lazy 200km in 4th around 5500(5 speed manual)3.27

I believe 6000rpm in 6th would be around 260-270kmh.

My fairly std sprint easily went to 6500 if pushed.
Sprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #22
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
the sprint does a lazy 200km in 4th around 5500(5 speed manual)3.27

I believe 6000rpm in 6th would be around 260-270kmh.

My fairly std sprint easily went to 6500 if pushed.
It would be rev limited to 6200 rpm like all E series Windsors were, so I can't see how it would go to 6500 unless the tacho was out.

And despite being geared to pull those speeds it wouldn't even get close to them because they would hit an aero brick wall, and wouldn't have enough grunt to go further. Even the EL GT could only manage around 230.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #23
Sprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
It would be rev limited to 6200 rpm like all E series Windsors were, so I can't see how it would go to 6500 unless the tacho was out.

And despite being geared to pull those speeds it wouldn't even get close to them because they would hit an aero brick wall, and wouldn't have enough grunt to go further. Even the EL GT could only manage around 230.
I agree any normal road car at 250kmh is going to handle good at those speeds so i wouldnt really go there but my sprint was not rev limited or speed limited.

I dont know if it was factory like this but it would wasily rev to 6500 even though red line was 6000.

Mine would have did 240-250kmh if i let it go.
Sprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #24
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post

EF EL falcons had limiters, EB and I'm pretty sur but not rock solid the ED too had no rev limiter, i know this as my standard EB XR8 with a cat back sports system revs freely and smoothly way past the end of the tacho markings
tezxr8man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #25
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

That would have been one hell of a ride. The RSpec is a BEAST
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #26
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

158.4mph - jesus that's fast

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #27
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post
158.4mph - jesus that's fast
255kph / 1.609344 = 158.449mph

Math checks out.

Back up guys this fella is the real deal.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #28
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

His page has been closed.

https://www.facebook.com/tyson.cawte
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #29
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Idiot, agreed.

But from a legal perspective, exactly how can the Police charge him? The "proof" is a video, and the idiot could argue it was a fake. His taco shows the needle off the dial, but that could have been edited from a dyno-run?

Dont get me wrong, he deserves his punishment if he actually did this rediculous speed.........but i am still trying to work out how the Police can use it as real "evidence"?
Old 07-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
05_ENFORCER

It is evidence until it is disputed by the offender.

Need a good QC and lotsa money to fight a criminal prosecution