Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Energy Watch

Has anybody used them yet? How did you go? Thinking about giving them a go but wasnt sure if the outcome is a massive saving or just a few dollars here and there.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Energy Watch

Mate if you want a true unbiased perspective I wouldn't use them.
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

They had me curious as to why they present their TV ads like the Gov does. IE: "This announcement was authorised by energy watch etc..etc.."

And being a private company, how do they make money? Commision?
Old 08-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #4
Matty4
Banana

I rang them last week because my electricity bills are getting out of hand and was curious. They informed me that my current provider (AGL) were the cheapest in my area. They asked who I am with for my gas (Origin) and then told me that if I move my gas to AGL I am then eligible for 10% discount on each electricity bill and 7% on my gas bill.

Thought that was a great saving, so signed up.
As part of their T&C's they state that they receive a commission from the energy provider for each customer they bring over, nothing paid from the customer.

It's gotta be worth a phone call at least, afterall, you can just say no.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #5
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's best to do the research yourself and conclude your own results. Try browsing through each retailers website and getting the rates they offer and the discounts each plan comes with then subtitute those unit prices with your usage (on your current bill).

I usually do this with customers myself and I work indirectly with one of the energy comparing companies

Other than that, it doesn't hurt to give them a quick ring and find out roughly what you can save.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #6
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if anybody wants a way of truly comparing prices, plans etc use the website www.switchwise.com.au . It will also give you a $ figure of how much money you can save by going to which company and what plan. This is unbiased and includes all the retailers, not just some of them like a few websites. They do not receive commission from the energy retailers like energy watch (which is laughable at what they suggest).
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
icer
Winning's Winning!

they are exactly like mortgage choice / aussie (bank brokers). They make money off the banks (this cane enegry companies) via comissions. So they work best for you. Worth a call as they do all the run around/paperwork for you.

Now with new setup 460rwkw on 15psi. 30PSI is fun!
icer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Reckon I'll give it a go, I dont really care how they get paid/who pays it as long as it's not me, and if I end up saving money then thats a win in my book.