Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Default Whats your Opinion

ASIO to protect schools from race hate

The federal government will spend $20 million on high-tech security measures for Jewish, Muslim and other schools that are potential targets of race-hate attacks.
Under the Rudd Government plan, ASIO and the Australian Federal Police will assess the risk of all the country's schools to identify those at risk.

Those that need help would receive a security boost, such as CCTV cameras or being watched by 24-hour patrols, News Ltd reported.

The $20 million security plan was confirmed by federal Education Minister Julia Gillard.
"Priority will be given to existing schools with an already established or identified security need, but all applications will be assessed on the basis of an objective security assessment," she said.
The funding comes at a time of unrest in western Sydney, as residents of Camden continue to protest plans to build an Islamic school in the area.

The Rudd Government plan has received the support of Jewish and Islamic community groups.

"There is certainly a need for security at all our schools, and especially so during times at heightened tension," president of the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils, Ikebal Patel, said.

-----

OK , Why would the Australian Government , Pay $20million Dollars of Honest , Hardworking Taxpayers Money , to Provide Security for these people when they cant even Keep Australians Safe ..

Are we the Softest Nation in the world ? We Allow all these People to Come into our Once Fine country , With Visions of Starting Over , And they Instead come here to Turn our Country into their Battlefields ..

That $20million could of been spent on a better Child Health Plan , or Somewhat used for other Environmental / Health benefits.

Without this turning into a Full Blown Racist Fest , IM Just after your thoughts .. If you were in Power , would you of Proceeded with this $20million or would you have Spent it on other vital stuff like Education or Trying to get Petrol Subsidised , whatever ..

Cheers
Daniel

Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just trying to put white Aussies on another guilt trip.

I find it hard to be 'racist' to a Muslim when anyone from anywhere can convert to the religion.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:45 AM   #3
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Its not just that though .. Australia is a Free Nation , why should we have to Protect people coming in ?

I cant see the Logic in it .. Migration to Another Country to Never Assimilate and to Pro-Create , its Like a Plague and thats the Nicest way to put it .. Fleeing to Australia to Live of benifits , Make NO effort to fit in or Learn the Spoken Language ..

And here in Melbourne most of the Suburbs are Race Sorted .. The Housing Department Gives them a Choice of where they want to Live , when Australian Couples get Jack ..

Old 11-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #4
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally I don't think it needs to be spent - I have never heard of any attacks on kids due to their religious beliefs yet. Plenty of kids get attacked in anglo schools too - why not just spend it on all schools?

I am of half Greek descent and my older relatives tell me stories of how when they grew up in Sydney many decades ago they were sometimes verbally abused, bashed ect. for what they were but took it as a right of passage, worked very hard, learnt English, dressed similar to fit in and hold no ill will at all towards anglo Australians. They can't understand (and are very stubborn) why the Middle Eastern immigrants do not have to assimilate, learn English, dress like Aussies ect. when they had to and as such hold a bit of resentment towards them.

They feel many of the current crop of migrants don't seem to want to work as hard as the Greeks and Italians did and are just coming over for the free money and the political correctness gone mad.

My biggest dissapointment is that the middle eastern religious bickering has been brought over here to Australia - I welcome muslims, jews , anyone BUT leave the centuries of religous hatred at the airport before you come over. I do not know why we are tolerating it for even one second - we should stamp it out straight away.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #5
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
Personally I don't think it needs to be spent - I have never heard of any attacks on kids due to their religious beliefs yet. Plenty of kids get attacked in anglo schools too - why not just spend it on all schools?

They feel many of the current crop of migrants don't seem to want to work as hard as the Greeks and Italians did and are just coming over for the free money and the political correctness gone mad.

My biggest dissapointment is that the middle eastern religious bickering has been brought over here to Australia - I welcome muslims, jews , anyone BUT leave the centuries of religous hatred at the airport before you come over. I do not know why we are tolerating it for even one second - we should stamp it out straight away.
Mate, those three paragraphs I couldn't agree with you more!!

I have strong belifs about this, (What you class as an "AUSTRALIAN," or "proud to be an Australian", as many people come from overseas Bagging the Australian Culture, and abusing our system,....My background isn't Australian but Im dam proud to be one...
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:18 AM   #6
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Australia- The Right to Leave

Our Country - YOU Have the right - the right to leave !

After Sydney not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas lights.

After hearing that the State of South Australia changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered.

This prompted this editorial written by an Australian citizen. Published in an Australian newspaper.

Quote:

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It !
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia.

However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part
Of our society, Learn the language!

'In God We Trust' is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you
Consider another part of the world as your new home, Because God is part of our culture.

If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like ' A Fair Go', then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, And we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage
You take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'

If you aren't happy here then take off! We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted. Pretty easy really, when you think about it.

I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.

No matter how many times you receive it... Please forward it to all you know .
Old 11-01-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Ok I was born here, but the folks are from overseas. My folks have done their best to fit in. While they still keep things from what they grew up with overseas, they dont want to offend what has been here for many generations. The folks have friends that are a few generation Australian. They can converse in english (not bad for people that picked it up). They have copped some for being 'wogs', but there are rednecks in every country.
Now I when I went to school I never really copped anything for being of european decent (well there was one guy that was a croation inport that I helped out so he could get his work done, but you get that) so I really dont see this as good use of money. Mind you I'm not Muslim or a Jew so I dont know what they're experiance would be. But in all seriousness they can practice their religion and customs but when they are out in public they need to be tolerant of other cultures and not try change things to how they want it. The best one I've heard is a group of muslims trying to close down the local pub in up in Roxy Park.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #8
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
'In God We Trust' is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you
Consider another part of the world as your new home, Because God is part of our culture.

No matter how many times you receive it... Please forward it to all you know .

Shows you how Australian the author was, "In God we trust" has never been the motto of this country and never will be. The only motto we have ever had is "Advance Australia" (1901 - 1912)
Old 11-01-2008, 12:53 PM   #9
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe they need protection from racist rednecks
Old 11-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #10
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The fact these different races have their own seperate schools isn't exaclty what you would call mixing in with the community. Once again the politically correct 5% of the population stuff it up for all of us. We get called racist at the drop of the hat, yet go to alot of other countries and they won't even let you in, let alone try to make your own rules.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #11
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Prob the big problem we have now is the ethnic warfare problem continuing in Australia form where they left off in their own land, but on a smaller scale at the meoment. Once numbers build goodbye the OZ way of life IMHO.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #12
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapeworm
Prob the big problem we have now is the ethnic warfare problem continuing in Australia form where they left off in their own land, but on a smaller scale at the meoment. Once numbers build goodbye the OZ way of life IMHO.
I sure as hell hope that by then we would have fought back or something.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:26 PM   #13
Boosh Brus

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
maybe they need protection from racist rednecks
Apparently they do. Some of the Jewish schools require bag checks for visitors and a lot of the Jewish and Muslim children are victims of verbal abuse from rednecks
Old 11-01-2008, 02:44 PM   #14
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

What a load of crap, How about the public schools that are struggling as it is?
The Muslim school near my place, just bought a brand new Luxo-Coach bus for their 30 odd students.
There is also the public primary school i went to a couple of blocks away, with 130 kids and half of the facilities.
These Muslim schools already get preference and have enough money and facilities...
Not to mentioned the gates are chained up during the day and usually some guy watching it.... Paying him would cost a fortune, lucky my taxes keep them going.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 11-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #15
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

As a background, I'm an immigrant. Came to Australia from Asia when I was 8 and am now 27.

I blame the uneducated rednecks for this sort of crap. They think that anyone who doesn't look like them are all evil terrorist immigrants. In some parts of town, I still cop abuse even though I speak with an Aussie accent. The worst thing that I get is "Go back to your own country!" Well, Australia is my country. I love this country so much and I joined our Navy.

Its the rednecks that choose to abuse and harass immigrants that makes them not want to integrate. How can you make yourself more like a local when the locals reject you without giving you a chance? How can you make yourself more like a local when they are the ones who keep pushing you away? You just can't so sometimes I can't blame the immigrants for sticking together because thats the only way they feel safe.

However, on the flip side, some immigrants just don't want to give assimilation a go. And that actually does annoy me. It gives all us immigrants a bad name. I'm all for keeping aspects of your culture which are your roots because that defines who you are as a person. But if you come to a new country and outright refuse to assimilate, then why did you bother coming in the first place? If you're not willing to contribute to society, you're essentially a dead weight. I say to all immigrants, take the good things about Australian culture and embrace it. Cut away all the bad things about the old culture like violence and discrimination. Only then, will you be accepted into Australian culture.

I'm probably rambling but.. .eh.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 11-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #16
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't we all talk to our respective imaginary friends in peace?

Solution: Remove all religion based schools, ALL.

Fixed.
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:03 PM   #17
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
In God We Trust is America's motto not ours. It's even written on their money.

And I dont think god plays a big part in Aussie culture, well not standard Christianity or Catholism anyway. I dont think I could stand it if it did since I'm agnostic. But I think the main core of Christianity as in treating others with respect in the way they live their life and their beliefs etc is part of our culture.

As far as assimilation goes, unfortunately our government touts multiculturism and advertises the fact that you can bring your religion and way of life with you if you immigrate here. And the PC crowd wont let anyone push for some level of assimilation into the current Australian culture.

I know if I was to move to another country I would adopt their language and try to assimilate into their way of life out of respect of their culture. But I guess there are many cultures out there that wont.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Old 11-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #18
theunfairadvant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2PWR
ASIO to protect schools from race hate

The federal government will spend $20 million on high-tech security measures for Jewish, Muslim and other schools that are potential targets of race-hate attacks.
Under the Rudd Government plan, ASIO and the Australian Federal Police will assess the risk of all the country's schools to identify those at risk.

Those that need help would receive a security boost, such as CCTV cameras or being watched by 24-hour patrols, News Ltd reported.

The $20 million security plan was confirmed by federal Education Minister Julia Gillard.
"Priority will be given to existing schools with an already established or identified security need, but all applications will be assessed on the basis of an objective security assessment," she said.
The funding comes at a time of unrest in western Sydney, as residents of Camden continue to protest plans to build an Islamic school in the area.

The Rudd Government plan has received the support of Jewish and Islamic community groups.

"There is certainly a need for security at all our schools, and especially so during times at heightened tension," president of the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils, Ikebal Patel, said.

-----

OK , Why would the Australian Government , Pay $20million Dollars of Honest , Hardworking Taxpayers Money , to Provide Security for these people when they cant even Keep Australians Safe ..

Are we the Softest Nation in the world ? We Allow all these People to Come into our Once Fine country , With Visions of Starting Over , And they Instead come here to Turn our Country into their Battlefields ..

That $20million could of been spent on a better Child Health Plan , or Somewhat used for other Environmental / Health benefits.

Without this turning into a Full Blown Racist Fest , IM Just after your thoughts .. If you were in Power , would you of Proceeded with this $20million or would you have Spent it on other vital stuff like Education or Trying to get Petrol Subsidised , whatever ..

Cheers
Daniel
Man the Labor Govt got no idea how to run the place,
no wonder interest rate and everything is going UP.

They can spend the 20 million into better use than to spend
on protecting schools from race hate.

The school will still go ahead and be built out west with or without the 20 mil,
so why throw away valuable money that can be spend elsewhere???
Old 11-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #19
knighto42

I can't see this topic lasting as long as it'll take to post this message, but here goes anyway.

This topic just grates on my nerves - such a massive amount of racism out there for a country comprised almost completely of people whose families were immigrants at some point.

The Muslim population as a whole condemns the kind of violence we saw in Cronulla, and that we will end up seeing in Camden in the near future. It's caused by a very small sector of BOTH communities. If anything, having a Muslim school run by responsible Muslim teachers who represent the good majority of their community will provide a positive example for the next generation of Muslim Austalians to follow.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #20
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
The fact these different races have their own seperate schools isn't exaclty what you would call mixing in with the community. Once again the politically correct 5% of the population stuff it up for all of us. We get called racist at the drop of the hat, yet go to alot of other countries and they won't even let you in, let alone try to make your own rules.
Really the only schools I see is religious schools, I didn't know you could only to an all Italian school, or a all Chinese school, or an all South African School.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont99
Can't we all talk to our respective imaginary friends in peace?

Solution: Remove all religion based schools, ALL.

Fixed.

I'll back you on that 100%.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:02 PM   #21
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They are not races, they are religions. Its no different then having say a Catholic school.

Personally, I didnt think or know about people attacking these schools. Also wouldnt this be a Police matter and not ASIO. Couldnt the Police just have routine patrols? I could be missing something here though.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:04 PM   #22
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunfairadvant
Man the Labor Govt got no idea how to run the place,
no wonder interest rate and everything is going UP.

They can spend the 20 million into better use than to spend
on protecting schools from race hate.

The school will still go ahead and be built out west with or without the 20 mil,
so why throw away valuable money that can be spend elsewhere???
Thats the reason for interest rate rises?
Old 11-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #23
fmc351
let it burn

Theres two things I cant stand, racists and bloody wogs.

its a joke for those of you who are too sensitive.
Closed Thread