Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
Saikolemon
Starter Motor

Unhappy Wiper blades clicking

Hi everyone! Recently, I have experienced a clicking noise coming from the front wipers. They click once when they start their cycle and click again when they end at the bottom. Is this normal?

Have been looking around on the internet and it could be the wiper relay? It only happens on the intermittent setting and when you engage the one swipe function. Basically, one notch above and below the off position. Regular and high settings seem to be fine.

Have never noticed this at all since I got the car and it only seems to have started recently.

Any advice out there? Is this warranty claimable?
Sam

Saikolemon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
cdafam
Fezvet

Default Re: Wiper blades clicking

Hi sam,

I've got a 2010 Fez Zetec WS and have experienced exactly this for a while as well (faint if you don't pay attention to it but audible as heck when you do) coming from under the glovebox area. On my previous previous service when I had warranty, I mentioned this to the mechanic and he said that it was normal and yes it is the wiper relay. It's quite prominent and you can hear it even when the volume is notched up to 8-9 (when you pay attention to it).

I've learned to live with it now but seeing you've brought it up, it'd be nice to know if someone else had the issue and got it solved.

Drew
cdafam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post