Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
Springfield_Johny

Default My Daughter passed her P's

I'm really proud, I taught her to drive & she had some driving lessons to hone her skills and make sure that she wasn't getting any bad habits from yours truly.

Now to have "the chat" about driving responsibly, not showing off etc etc

Daily drive 2010 Mitsubishi triton single cab turbo diesel

1968 XT Falcon (project yet to be started)

Last edited by Springfield_Johny; 22-03-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Springfield_Johny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springfield_Johny
I'm really proud, I taught her to drive & she had some driving lessons to hone her skills and make sure that she wasn't getting any bad habits from yours truly.

Now to have "the chat" about driving responsibly, now showing off etc etc
Teenage girl, yeh she is going to listen.......

Just been through the same thing with one and have another at 70 hours.

I have done all I can and made sure she has a safe new bubble car (Micra) that is easy to park, has very good visibility, lots of airbags etc and does not go a million miles an hour.

The rest is up to her and I think she will be ok.

Hope yours is too.......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

I have done all I can and made sure she has a safe new bubble car (Micra) that is easy to park, has very good visibility, lots of airbags etc and does not go a million miles an hour.
Funny you should mention the Micra...My missus has a K12 Micra...Fantastic little car!!

On a side note...Congrats to your daughter!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Next thing is to pop the bonnet and teach her to check fluid levels and such (if she doesn't already know how).

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #5
SVD

OH MY GOD!!! WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

nah just kidding, congrats man, now get her a day at a skidpan or something so she knows what its like when you loose control...
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #6
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Nice one, mate - Hope she passed the test in the truck!

On another note, you now have a designated driver..

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
lubby1

congrats mate i think a micra is a good little car for a young female to drive around in.
Did she pass her test first go?? currently going through the same thing myself ( teaching not learning that is)
lubby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #8
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Good on her for passing mate, its good you got her a safe car, nothing worse than someone who thinks a bigger heavy car is safer lol
Old 23-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #9
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Make her change a tyre..........

XF Falcon S Update EFI - SOLD
EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Now rocking the SZ Territory Titanium Petrol Family Beast
PHATAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #10
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Congratulations.

I agree with the above comments about getting her to know how to do some basic maintenance (if she doesn't already know how) - it can't hurt her to know how to check oil & coolant levels and how to change a tyre. My mother was from a country town with no roadside assistance and she insisted I know at least these things (to the point I had to replace a tyre with the spare, then replace the spare with the original in my driveway!) while I was still on my L's, wouldn't even let me go for my P's unless I did it!!!

Another thing I could suggest is that young females tend to love their phones - perhaps invest in some sort of bluetooth hands free if the car doesn't have it built in already, so if a friend rings her its a simple button press and converse away.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #11
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Ohh NO !!!! Yep tech her to check LOI, retaw and leuf.. Lol..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #12
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

My daughter just text me says she has 3 hours to go.........Will it never end??????????????:togo:

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #13
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Congratulations.

I agree with the above comments about getting her to know how to do some basic maintenance (if she doesn't already know how) - it can't hurt her to know how to check oil & coolant levels and how to change a tyre. My mother was from a country town with no roadside assistance and she insisted I know at least these things (to the point I had to replace a tyre with the spare, then replace the spare with the original in my driveway!) while I was still on my L's, wouldn't even let me go for my P's unless I did it!!!

Another thing I could suggest is that young females tend to love their phones - perhaps invest in some sort of bluetooth hands free if the car doesn't have it built in already, so if a friend rings her its a simple button press and converse away.
Hate to be a kill joy, but most states ban P platers from using mobile phones, hands free or not. My suggestion ( having been through this last year ), is give your daughter a present of a defensive driving course. Best $450 or so that'll you spend.

Steve
fangq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #14
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangq
Hate to be a kill joy, but most states ban P platers from using mobile phones, hands free or not. My suggestion ( having been through this last year ), is give your daughter a present of a defensive driving course. Best $450 or so that'll you spend.

Steve
My apology, I'm haven't been a P plater for quite a few years so not really up with what P platers can and can't do. Just thought it might be a useful suggestion, sorry if it wasn't.

Agree on the DD course though.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2010, 11:51 PM   #15
CFOUR
The Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATAL
Make her change a tyre..........
+1. very valuable lesson.