Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
geelong festy

Default Don't buy federal 595 tyres for your fiesta

To anyone out there who is considering buying Federal 595 EVO tyres, DON'T!!

I purchased a set of these tyres in a 205/40/17 size, fitted to a lightly modified 2010 Ford Fiesta 1.6 manual, and they have proven to be downright dangerous!

These were recommended to me by a tyre store in Melbourne and from a phone call to the distributers of Federal tyres here in Australia.

I was unaware that these tyres were Taiwanese and was advised that these tyres had a successful history of motorsport and were premium quality. Hah! They are no better than those cheap Chinese tyres on eBay which most motoring magazines declare disastrous and to avoid at all costs!

A couple of months after buying them I emailed the distributers telling them that these tyres did not live up to the hype they use on their website but never received a response. It was only after leaving negative feedback on their Facebook site did they contact me.

Their only pathetic response was to offer a small discount on another new set of Federal tyres, which they then claimed was more suited to small low-powered hatchbacks. I asked for evidence/examples for this but he had none.

I didn't have the money to buy another set of tyres and take up their offer due to illness.

Now, after 12 months, the tyres are diabolical. Despite having a treadware rating of 240 they show very little sign of wear. They are rock hard and getting harder with age. As an example, I slid through a red light recently on a damp road lightly braking from under 30kph. I walked back to the intersection and checked. No oil, no debris, nothing.

As someone who raced cars and bikes for years, I have never, ever, driven/ridden on tyres so desperately bad!

Now I'm a disability pensioner and cannot afford to replace the tyres, but I won't drive the car in the wet unless I absolutely have too.

Despite having a great deal of pride in my little car, which has an excellent reputation good handling, these tyres SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS!

You Have Been Warned!!

Fiesta WS, Milltek tubular exhaust manifold' 200 cell cat, full milltek stainless race system, j1 CAI, Bluefin remap, ford race shifter, Team Dynamics Race rims 17x7', Spax Coil Overs, iridium plugs, CFM 8.5mm leads, R1 drilled & grooved discs & ceramic pads, HEL braided s/s brake lines, econetic front under tray & fitting kit, CG Belt lock, Bridgestone RE002, Armster arm rest, Rack limiter, PowerFlex Bushes.

FOR SALE!!
geelong festy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post