Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 05-10-2005, 02:53 PM   #1
Lisa
Let's play Dodgeball!

Default Broken EF Mirror

Does anyone know where I could get a driver's side mirror for an EF Falcon Futura? I've been ringing around and it seems only possible to get the whole thing replaced and because Futura have body coloured mirrors, I'd have to then get it painted. This is looking at setting me back $170 (including 50 to get it painted)
I'm a pov student, so I dont have this much spare money lying around. I would greatly appreciate if anyone knew where I could just get the mirror part (drivers side)
Or if there are any spare light blue side mirror sets out there?...that arn't too expensive. any information or places that you know of that might be of help to me, would be greatly appreciated. :voldar02:
Thanks again
Lisa

Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
InitialD
Low and Loud

What wreckers have you tried in your area?

Jolly Rodgers in Dandenong would most likely have one and are reasonably cheap

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 04:09 PM   #3
GenesiS
*Smart *** comment here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Does anyone know where I could get a driver's side mirror for an EF Falcon Futura? I've been ringing around and it seems only possible to get the whole thing replaced and because Futura have body coloured mirrors, I'd have to then get it painted. This is looking at setting me back $170 (including 50 to get it painted)
I'm a pov student, so I dont have this much spare money lying around. I would greatly appreciate if anyone knew where I could just get the mirror part (drivers side)
Or if there are any spare light blue side mirror sets out there?...that arn't too expensive. any information or places that you know of that might be of help to me, would be greatly appreciated. :voldar02:
Thanks again
Lisa
I replaced my passenger side mirror in my EL about three months back, brand new generic mirror was $77 including gst, Ford wanted $120, although that was the balck one only, still at the time the bloke had no color ones in stock but I believe he could order them, fourtnately for me I have a Gli so color isn't an issue :

Anyways, try South Side Motor Wreckers, 678 South Rd Moorabbin 3189, (03) 9555 0677, they are ford specialits, and the bloke that served me was tops!
GenesiS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 06:55 PM   #4
crannersEL
Banned

Theres a few out eastern suburbs way inc:
Just Falcons in bayswater kilsyth area
FTG Auto Salvage Ferntree Gully
Pick a part in Kilsyth

Hope these are help to you.
There are heaps in the phone book call around and see what they got

Paul
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 09:31 PM   #5
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

If you have only broken the GLASS you can buy that part with the plastic backing on it from Ford. You CANT buy a Coloured Mirror from Ford so you will either have to buy a NEW one in Black or search the wreckers for a same coloured one.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 01:26 AM   #6
Lisa
Let's play Dodgeball!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
If you have only broken the GLASS you can buy that part with the plastic backing on it from Ford. You CANT buy a Coloured Mirror from Ford so you will either have to buy a NEW one in Black or search the wreckers for a same coloured one.
Thanks for the replies. I should've gone to Ford first, didn't realise they had these things lying around in their service centres. Also didn't realise they actually sold the glass seperatly for a small price ($45) compared to buying a whole new mirror (~$150) Was a little offput by the couple of wreckers I rang telling me I couldn't get the glass by itself insisting I had to order the whole lot and then have a spray paint job done. :
All fixed now, and roadworthy again!
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #7
InSinR8

Hi all, rather than a new post, I thought Id follow on here. After my wife had an run in with a pole at the shops : we need a new mirror for my EF. There is a company in Vic that imports parts (amongst other things... you'll understand if you look at their ebay shop LOL) and I was thinking of buying this whole unit for $70 (inc post) .....
fef5000ngl from them on ebay. Is it much of a task to install? And has anyone else dealt with these guys before?

Thanks
Al
InSinR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #8
GenesiS
*Smart *** comment here*

You could get the whole thing from a parts salvage place for roughly the same cost, within ten bucks or so... and you wouldn't have the worry of dealing with ebay people.

However to answer the question, no I haven't dealt with them, though FTG and South Side Wreckers keep the mirrors in stock...

The job itself is easy, shouldnt take more than about 15 mins.

1. There's three screws, they're behind a panel in the corner of your door (opposite side to where the mirror mounts to the outside of the car), remove that. I think there's one screw holding that pannel there.

2. That gives you accerss to the three screws holding the mirror to the car, remove these, WHILE holding the mirror, it will then just pull off (at this stage the connector for the electric mirror will pop out, just disconnect it, it's a run of the mill standard electrical clip, the new mirror will have the opposing end all ready on it).

3. Connect the electrical connector, pop the new mirror in its spot, screw it on, replace cover, all done!
Lowered all round on King Spring Super Lows
Tinted Windows, Pioneer MP3 Player and Audio System
K&N High Flow Air Filter Mounted in Original Air Box
Trip Computer
NGK Sports Performance Leads
NGK Sports Plugs
Autotecnica Oil Catch Can

Last edited by GenesiS; 06-01-2006 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Should mention the electric side of the mirrors hey!
GenesiS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 12:38 AM   #9
Clarke AV
OzECruisers Treasurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Thanks again
Lisa
Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RH-Electric-D...QQcmdZViewItem
Clarke AV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 10:29 AM   #10
InSinR8

Thanks GenisiS
InSinR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2024, 06:02 PM   #11
Colin0061
Starter Motor

Default Re: Broken EF Mirror

Is the electrical connection inside the mirror assembly or inside the door ?
Colin0061 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2024, 06:35 PM   #12
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Default Re: Broken EF Mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin0061 View Post
Is the electrical connection inside the mirror assembly or inside the door ?
you have to take off the inside door cover to remove the mirror & the connection is pulled out or disconnected when the 3 screws are undone. how ever it's best to unclip the connector before removing the screws.
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post