View Single Post
Old 25-06-2021, 10:35 PM   #152
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Psychos in the Auto-Repair Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross 1 View Post
So being your own boss didn't work for you, nothing wrong with that, not everyone can make it work, there is a lot of effort involved and yes you do spend time outside of the 9-5 occasionally doing paperwork. To me the rewards out weigh this, I get the flexibility to work when I need to and let my guys do the rest, I still really enjoy being on the tools but I have employed the right people and know the job will get done in my absence if we decide to have a weekend away. No ego involved, if you were doing it to impress someone else and look successful that was probably why you failed at it.
With regards to what you can charge people it all depends on how much you think you are worth. I charge more because I know we give some of the best results around, people will only pay you what you think of yourself. I value mine and my guys time highly and you have to pay for our experience, knowledge and quality. I'm not going to drop my prices to the average market rate as I have seen the standard of average.
No man with a toolbox is worth $90 an hour, that's a fact, and I never failed at anything I put my hand to, but I knew when to pull the pin, not drag everyone around me down!
Work is just work, you don't have to put a value on your time, its when you think that you do, that's when you have problems, ego problems, this is where depression starts, when folk get wise to being played for mugs!

Cheers King Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote