View Single Post
Old 13-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #14
Caydus

Default Re: WS Fiesta - Alternative Long Term Review

In the life of my fez, I've had 2 warranty issues. I've posted them up in another post on this forum, but it was a DCT internal oil leak issue and a CV joint grease leak.

The first necessitated oil seal replacements and a clutch replacement and the second needed a full CV shaft replacement.

Now these problems may be less severe than FM69's issues, but they're still several grand worth of repairs, considering they hired a car for me at their cost for over 2 weeks until they fix the fault.

They troubleshooted and tried to get the most cost effective resolution, but that's all part and parcel of running a profitable business. I troubleshoot technical problems for a living too and I can't see fault in it.

They never balked at an expensive repair if the fault warranted it and their customer service can't be faulted, owning the problem from start to finish and being very diligent at giving updates on my issue.

I'd just wish that they were a bit more careful about the final test before handing the car back to me to make sure all problems were fixed and no new ones were introduced.
After the DCT problem warranty repair, I got the car with the original problem fixed, but with a specific position on my seat being very, very creaky, power window software problem (reset fixed) and a slightly bent front disc brake back plate. All was easy fixes and probably caused by a little bit of carelessness while working on the car.

Overall, I'm happy with their overall warranty process, it was generally a pleasant experience. Their mechanics might need to take a bit more care and pride in their work, but my problem was still resolved in the end.

The car is a great drive, I'm sure most of my opinions on the car itself are covered and most of them positive, but the reliability of it leaves some to be desired.

I'm hoping that your experience, FM69, is specific to Dale Ford and if that's the case, good riddance to John Stark.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote