Thread: Used car prices
View Single Post
Old 20-12-2021, 10:39 PM   #574
bb_zetec

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
A lot of that would have been a calibration for fuel economy.

I have no doubt Holden engineers could have made that horrible V6 more responsive but the marketing department would have been demanding fuel economy improvements to help with fleet sales.

I know early FG's had quite urgent throttle response early on in the pedal travel, something that took me a while to acclimatize to, and something that catches others out if they jump in and drive the thing.
As Franco and yourself said the V6 Just revs and does not move, and it sounds terrible to boot. The FG is like chalk and cheese compared to that.
My wife sometimes drives our ute and she gets a bit scared from the power sometimes, but nevertheless she dosent mind taking out every now and then.

Every time i drove it it was miserable. If we could get the VF Door Trims and parts of the Dash into the FG then it would be the perfect match.

The VF seats are also terrible...so hard that they would give me sciatica pain after 30 minutes. People critisize the FG seats....wait till you sit in VF!

1966 Mustang Convertible - Wimbledon White
- 289ci Windsor - C4 Auto - Power Hydraulic Roof / Factory AC

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
- 2009 LV Focus Zetec 5sp Manual - Black Sapphire
bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: