Thread: Wet Carpet
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2020, 04:31 PM   #12
msford

Default Re: Wet Carpet

Hi and thanks

I've got a Mondeo 2011 MC 2.0 TDCI hatch.

FYI: The wording on the report is:

"Customer states that the driver's side footwell is filled* with water.

Found thermostat leaking and line to it. Requires replace. $935"

* well, I didn't say it was filled. The carpet is damp and I actually didn't really notice the dampness it until I removed the rug on top of the carpet and felt it. It's only slightly damp but damp enough that you can feel it with your finger when you press on it plus the water seems to have drifted to the rear passenger carpet as it is also slightly damp there, too.

I also specifically mentioned the a/c drain assembly to Ford as a possible/probable factor as prior to taking the car in I removed the carpet in that area and had a quick look at it and felt some water around the assembly, as per the picture attached in this thread. It looked identical to the picture in this thread so I assume I was looking at the right thing.

But even what may be a simple DIY job like this is beyond my capabilities nor do I have all the tools necessary to do it and I don't want to start fiddling around with it and stuffing it up or not be able to put it back together properly thus I am prepared to pay for it.

And from what you're saying about the location of the thermostat it implies that if their diagnosis is correct then the thermostat requires replacing plus if it's not the true source of the leak/dampness then it needs to be found and also fixed. Would that be an accurate conclusion?

I may go back to Ford but could I try somewhere else for a second opinion? eg myCar or another mechanic? I have used the local myCar previously for simple jobs and tyres so they are the first ones that come to mind.

Cheers and thanks, again.
msford is offline   Reply With Quote