Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2021, 10:42 AM   #15109
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
It actually doesn't really have much to do with the protests last week or today but they did hand the Government the perfect excuse (and more importantly, public opinion) to take the step they have taken - or are about to take.

The reality is that with a third of our current active cases having come from construction sites and those having spread as far as they have it was always going to be the only viable solution made easier by the fact that a percentage of them made it obvious that they were never going to play ball and have continued to travel and congregate in numbers despite the ban on them doing so.

I'm sure we'll see a couple of media beat ups from the Liberal leaning media in the next few days about the hardship Bill the Builder from Geelong is having to undergo with his income taken away so that he can't feed his family despite the fact that thousands of Victorian workers have been in the same boat for a lot of the last 18 months .
You will see more than media beat ups of this through union demonstrations! anti-vaxxers along with right wing extremists in the rank and file are agitating for a brawl with the government over the rights of not being forced to be vaccinated, this I have seen emerging in my own my workplace and I do believe it is spreading..... interesting times ahead.
3 users like this post: