View Single Post
Old 29-10-2021, 07:41 PM   #882
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
A bit of a query for my fellow detailers.

Circumstances have changed with my Poor Focus and it now has to be parked outside instead of in a garage when i am not using it. It does not get used generally during the working week. It also gets parked near a tree.

It is probably due for a top of my usual Lazy Wax and Fully Slick application, however as i now own Flash Prep and Bead Machine which is more superior in terms of protection, would it be worth applying this instead or stick with the usual routine?

Secondly, would a wash, Flash Prep (which reads to remove existing waxes and residues ready for Bead Machine) and then Bead Machine be OK for a quick application?
Why don't Bowden's offer durability times for their protective products?

Anyway, I think Bead Machine sounds like the go for you. Make sure to use Flash Prep liberally prior to coating. You can also add some APC to your wash soap to help strip remaining sealants during the wash process. Please don't use dish washing liquid.

You could also try using a traditional wax for more protection. I have found something like Collinite 845 to be pretty tough when exposed to the elements 24/7. You would then use any of the Bowden's toppers to extend the life of the wax.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: