Thread: Used car prices
View Single Post
Old 15-08-2020, 02:14 AM   #126
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Used car prices

There's a lot of posters jumping on their high-horses in this thread, and there's no call for it. But the mentality does demonstrate why a lot of us can't be bothered dealing with Gumtree Whackos.

A seller naturally wants to get the best price possible. Nothing wrong with that.
So too, the buyer, and again nothing wrong with that.
A person offering less than the asking price is not "lowballing scum" nor in the wrong in any way. No more than the seller is in the wrong for his asking price.

A car is worth exactly what somebody is prepared to pay, and not a cent more. A car that does not sell over a period of time is, by definition, overpriced, at least for that period. If a car sits there, price unchanged for several months, before finally selling, that doesn't mean it wasn't originally overpriced, it just means that the market eventually moved.

Furthermore there are different buyers out there with different motivations. One may be prepared to pay top dollar to get the car they favour, whilst another may be driven more by price. Neither is in the wrong, that's just personal preference.

And I just cannot understand people who get so upset by low offers. If you have already rejected a higher offer, then just say so, and move on. Otherwise be grateful that you at least got an offer. And there's no magical formula to determine the reasonableness of an offer. It really depends on the rest of the market. An offer $10k below the asking price may STILL be the best offer received.

I see a lot of delusional advertising. Would I be justified insulting and abusing the seller because their price is too high?? No? Then why do you feel justified abusing buyers and calling them names?
3 users like this post: