View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 08:07 PM   #18
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Donating to Charities

Mmmmm, charities eh, just what is charity?...I have been doing charitable things since I was in the Cub Scouts, it progressed through high school in the UK, I moved here in 1968.
Right through 4 years of high school during winter, and it was bloody cold in Liverpool, my mum asked me to stop at " old Mrs Barbers flat " every morning on the way to school and drag 2 coal shuttles up to the first floor and light her coal fire?

I was ****ed off at first, but, first time I did it I walked into this block of pensioner flats, it was snowing outside, but geez it was colder inside.
She was a little Irish lady, 86 yrs old and from our church, but it was like being in a freezer, I even ended up doing it on weekends.

That to me is charitable not doorknocking for a percentage of your donation, or in shopping centres too, I was told they take 50% of what they collect, and I've met some dodgy looking collectors, and they can open the container too, no locks.
I'm a trusting person, most of my charitable work now is my neighbours, I live in a line of 8 units, aged and disability, I do everything on their little Hyundai shopping trolleys, all for cost, I tell em to make me a thank you card, not buy one but make one!

Out of 7 neighbours 2 have still not given me a card, but that's life, once the good deed is done you have to forget about it, no pride allowed around here, but scammers and rip off merchants beware, do not doorknock me, and God Botherers too, they are the worst!

Cheers Billy.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: