View Single Post
Old 23-08-2020, 05:09 PM   #63
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Psychos in the Auto-Repair Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
You'd think by now I would be over it, but I never cease to be amazed at the psychos and dickheads that pollute the auto-repair industry.
Not only do I wonder why they chose to go into business for themselves, but I am astonished that they stay in business.

I need an expensive, but straightforward, job done on my car. Buy the rebuilt component, fit it, use consumables. A + B + C. I deal every day with suppliers who can quote a multi-million dollar project, down to the last dollar. Yet these muppets can't even quote a simple job on my car.
And in addition to being unprofessional dickheads about it, some are outright psychotic. Like the guy, who instead of replying to my email like a normal person, went to the effort of typing his comments all through my email, and all in BRIGHT RED CAPS.

I initially contacted three local workshops, and got nothing, so gradually expanded. I have now contacted 8, and ironically the most professional replies I received were from those apologising that they couldn't do the work required.
A couple that did respond, telling me to phone them, I did waste my time and phone. Only to confirm what I suspected, that they were f_ckwits and didn't want to give a quote.

I had the one nutjob, who having assured me that he only fitted genuine factory rebuilt units, then said he couldn't give me a quote until he had the car on the hoist. When I asked why, he said that he needed to strip the unit to "see what needed doing"? When I asked why the heck he would do that, he admitted that he planned to do the rebuild himself.

Yes, I appreciate that a lot of buyers are "only lookin for tha cheepest price", but so what?
And sure, of all the quotes you do, maybe only 10% will result in orders. But again, so what? You're running a business aren't you?

I'm not even asking them to generate a formal quote. I'm happy with a one line answer "it will cost $x."

And yes, I can and have "simply phoned" some, only to encounter the predicted dodgyness when I asked them to email the quote; "oh yeah, me computa's playin-up at the moment".
It's the same in every business many idiots survive due to conniving and cunning. they even will claim that they are the best a mate builder was putting this forward about how great he was and I informed him otherwise, he came across as if I would not know, well I only have experience from 1971 and I know builders who were a pleasure to work for that I admired, there was one price for them and one would have to charge more for the idiots because you loose making money working for the simpletons, but then came the days when you could not quote a job. they set us up so you accept what they give and that's when the building industry became a dogs dinner.
The builders demanded me to cut corners or they would try and destroy my reputation, I would say look this or that has to be done, no ! they would say, this is what others do, well I don't care what they will do, they don't know any better, I would kick their **** if they worked for me doing the crap that they do.

I was going to get a op on my knee and on the way in I met a Doctor that I worked on her house, well talking to this one doing my knee, he had a real bad run in with a tiler on his house and he was telling me, he was fuming ! but just then that Doctor I knew from down the hall rang him and gave him great admiration of me. how's that !

There was builders importing monkeys to tile their million dollar homes and then I had builders plead for me to come and help fix new buildings from their shoddy workmanship, so they could sell them and they tried to shaft me ! talk about lowlife A holes.

It's the A holes who make the big money and as I said to my builder mate one day, you may come across the wrong bloke one day and he said no I won't !

I had bought a new car and I went to get it lowered the clown pointed out to me that a bush was worn, I said come here look 48km on the clock bud he said there are 3 of us and only 1 of you. well lucky for you that I am not a criminal bud, but I am a Ju Jitsu Sensei that's open to fee demonstrations at times.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote