View Single Post
Old 15-06-2021, 03:00 PM   #5
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: P2002 particulate filter efficiency below threshold

I haven't travelled far in the Mondeo in the last month, but have been checking the PID's regularly. The Check Engine light has gone on and off about every week to 10 days.

The DP reading fluctuates wildly, even when the engine is under a steady load. It has increased gradually since the last regen about 700 km ago, and today reached the maximum of 2 while climbing up the Bombay Hills south of Auckland at 110 km/h. After about 30 seconds, it started a regen.

This completed successfully and the DP dropped to about 0 - 0.4 after maybe a minute? I could not feel any difference in performance after the regen; maybe it lost a little power while it was happening, but difficult to tell.

Some questions:

1) Is 700 km further than usual between regens?

2) How does the ECU decide when to regen, and how long to keep it going?

The DTC description suggests that P2002 is due to either no DPF or damaged hoses to the DP sensor. I am unsure why the CEL cycles on and off, it might be something to do with whether I am driving mainly in the city or trips out of Auckland.

I expect that the next step is it get under the car and check the hoses. I might change the oil at the same time as it is almost due.